Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Which should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which should I do?

I have a minor dilemma. I'm preparing to install some high end audio equipment from my last vehicle, and I'm not sure what to do for rear stage power. To clarify:

I currently have an Eclipse AV8132 DVD head unit, along with MB Quart QM332.02CX 3-way components and an Image Dynamics IDMAX 12 v.2 D4 sub, and I'm planning on a set of MB Quart 6x9's for the rear deck. So far for power I have a Rockford Punch 400s for the fronts and an AX BD1000P for the sub. Here's where my dilemma comes in. I still have an old Punch 125.2 hanging around that needs to be repaired. (Blown output stage.) Should I send it in for repair, or pick up a newer amp to replace it? Opinions?
    ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
    '93 EX 5-speed coupe
    Short ram intake
    Tenrai Himoto catback
    Smashed front end
    Random bits of deer blood & hair

Originally posted by Camurai
    I have a minor dilemma. I'm preparing to install some high end audio equipment from my last vehicle, and I'm not sure what to do for rear stage power. To clarify:

I currently have an Eclipse AV8132 DVD head unit, along with MB Quart QM332.02CX 3-way components and an Image Dynamics IDMAX 12 v.2 D4 sub, and I'm planning on a set of MB Quart 6x9's for the rear deck. So far for power I have a Rockford Punch 400s for the fronts and an AX BD1000P for the sub. Here's where my dilemma comes in. I still have an old Punch 125.2 hanging around that needs to be repaired. (Blown output stage.) Should I send it in for repair, or pick up a newer amp to replace it? Opinions?
    I've always been a fan of rockford... espically their older punch line, i had two punch subs and i wish i didn't get rid of them... i'd say repair it

Comment

probly cheaper to repair the amp than to buy a new one.
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by hondatuner4267
        probly cheaper to repair the amp than to buy a new one.
        Depends on how messup it is. Get them to quote you on how much it will cost and then see if it would be cheaper to get a new amp.

Originally posted by Maple50175
        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Rockford's good...but I've always liked Alpine...

Comment

maybe you should shop around to see what it would be to repair your amp
            ..if you think its a good price then do that
            or you could jus put it for sell or trade on here or something..
            keepin it sohc!!!

Comment

Call Rockford customer service and find out the flat rate repair on that amp. If you are looking at a replacement amp, find out what voltage the RF amp was rated at. The older RF amps were rated at a much lower voltage than most of today's amps. And when looking at amps, do not just look at wattage output. You want to look at RMS output not max output. Also how the company tested for the RMS output. At what voltage that it is rated, at what frequency that it is rated(stay away from companies that teat at 1k tone. You are not going to listen to test tones. You are going to listen to music which s 20hz to 20k hz). There are a lot of other specs that will tell you how the amp is ging to sound. Example....slew rate...... you want a high slew rate. this will sow the ability of the amp to control the speaker. Zapco amps typically have a very high slew rate. This is why you see them in a lot of winning cars at IASCA finals. I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X