Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

capacitor what should i do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

capacitor what should i do

i know this is a rookie question but im going to be buying some l7s for my cb soon and ive had a few people tell me i should get a cap which i dont really know to much about so id apprectiate it if someone could explain to me how its suppose to help thanks!

96 Impala SS fund:$300
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=86795

it acts like a battery, it helps when the bass hits hard, it keeps your headlight from dimming among other things.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

a 1 farad should be enough if you plan on running 1000watts or less.

A cap stores energy and releses it as needed in a surge of power, it acts as a "cushion" between the amp and batt./alternator.
      MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
      If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

I would highly recomend this if your running a high power system on your car so you won't suck all of the battery and alternator life from your car.
        Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Gat a 1 farad or bigger. The bigger the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Radioactive
            Gat a 1 farad or bigger. The bigger the better.
            Sort of, after a certain point into won't matter. But yes big stuff, run a cap. It'll save your alternator and battery and all that good stuff.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

I think the RMS on those are like 400+ watts and 1000W peak, you'll need a amp with like 800W to run it, and with that many watts you diffinately need a cap. 1 farad is good for 1000W

edit: I think that may be the specs for a L5 the L7's are higher.
              MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
              If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

thanks for all da comments the l7s push 1000 rms and 2000 watts peak. im getting closer to em cant wait

96 Impala SS fund:$300
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=86795

Comment

Originally posted by oranger
                  Sort of, after a certain point into won't matter. But yes big stuff, run a cap. It'll save your alternator and battery and all that good stuff.

The bigger the cap, the more charge it will hold and the longer it will give out its charge. If the system is played at levels for a long period of time and the alternator cannot keep up with the current demands, then the cap will not be able to keep up either. An alternator upgrade will fix these problems. But, a high output at idle alternator is not cheap.

Comment

this is a good question. I was also thinking about this. but i only have 1 12 Pioneer and a Soundstorm 1500 Watt amp. and u said ur running 2 so id ont think ill need it for 1. well i hope not

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
                    I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

would a 170 amp alt, and like 1 cap in the back work? and btw u can put as many speakers in ur car cuz the only thing that drains the bat. is the bass so as long as u have no subs u can completly load ur car w/ speakers

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
                      out of the game for now but looking

Comment

l7 15's only push 1000 rms. i'd recommend a 5 farad cap with at least 4 gauge wire.

1991 Lx coupe........traded now I have nothing lol

Comment

Working...
                        X