Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

WHats the best subs out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHats the best subs out there

list them on here wanting to get new ones

Engine:
    stock F22A4
    Cold Air Intake
    2.5in Exaust No Cat toTip
    Interior:
    Short Shifter
    Exterior:
    5% tint all the way around
    15in gun metal with crome lip rims
    DIY jdm black headlights

Future Mods:
    DSM Turbo

branded ones. MTX , Pioneer , Rockford Fostgate , Audiobahn , Polk , Eclipse , JL Audio , Kicker.

Alot!!

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

i have kenwoods and used to have jl. do the eclipse have good sounding bass

Engine:
      stock F22A4
      Cold Air Intake
      2.5in Exaust No Cat toTip
      Interior:
      Short Shifter
      Exterior:
      5% tint all the way around
      15in gun metal with crome lip rims
      DIY jdm black headlights

Future Mods:
      DSM Turbo

Comment

The best Sub I've ever used, was a 12" infiniti. You woulda thought I had massagers in my seats.
        98' Mustang 3V Swap
        11' VW CC R36

Comment

the best made subs are not something you would normally find at most audio stores. also, there is no "set" best sub. an 18" kicker solo-X is great for SPL, but REALLY SHITTY for sound quality. i personally love RE subs. their XXX series is just fucking stupid (in a good way ). what are you looking for? all out bass for competition, sound quality comps, a lot of bass for cruising, or just something to add some low end to what you already have? i have a pair of JL 12w0's paired with a 505w rms kenwood amp, and they are good for cruising with some good, loud base. they, however, do not do well when combined with my box for amateur spl competition. i scored 133.7 db at a show i entered. this is pretty loud, but not impressive, yet i am still REALLY happy with my purchase. they will not get replaced for a while, and when they do, it will be a set of RE of fI 12's.
          Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 11-01-2007, 04:56 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

If you are looking for SPL, Treo Engineering. If you are looking for more sound quality, I would look at JL. When it comes down to it, it is all personal preference. Just remember that you can take the cheapest sub in a great enclosure and make it sound better than the best sub in a crappy enclosure.

Comment

2 Hertz anyone

Last edited by lokuputha; 11-01-2007, 10:02 AM.
              DEVOTE

Comment

JL Audio FTW!!!

Comment

JL Audio W6 or Kicker Solo Baric L7

--------------------
                  sold to: bootlegcb7, jhondayaaj
                  bought from : b3nsonx , *JDM_CB7*, bmxicansd, konig52r,
                  Slick_Nine, CB7_213

Comment

Depends on what your definition of "best" is. What are your criteria? SPL? Sound quality? Price? Bang for your buck? If you want an SPL sub, look at Treo, Bravox, Pioneer...yes, I said PIONEER.

Behold...the Pinoeer TS-W5000SPL...a 5000 watt SPL competition subwoofer.

If you're looking for sound quality, Alpine, Image Dynamics, MB Quart, Infinity...there are a ton of great woofers.

If you're looking for price busters, there are a zillion choices...and most of them suck. Badly.

My current choice is an Image Dynamics ID MAX 12 v.2 D4. 1000 watts RMS, massive cone travel and fantastic sound quality. Not exactly the most efficient or practical woofer in the world, but then again, I knew what I was looking for. Do your research, and figure out what you want out of your woofer, then make your own decisions.
                    ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                    '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                    Short ram intake
                    Tenrai Himoto catback
                    Smashed front end
                    Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

the Infinity Reference series is a good choice if you want bang 4 ur buck but if ur going all out id get some kicker solo baric L7's and if you cant afford the L7... get a L5.

Comment

alot of the subs that are being brought up arent great subs at all its mostly just what u have seen and heard people talk about. the RE XXX is a decent sub the ID MAXX is a great sub. Digital Designs is one of the top sub building companies if not the top. the only company that i know of that has a sub that hasnt been blown. audioque is a great company very simlar to dd minus the basket designs. memphis is a pretty good company along with diamond, atomic, treo, cactus sounds, soundspliter, TC sounds, Ultra and many others its all really what your lookin for but please be different dont get a l7 or jl sub........ i promise there is better all around prefromance!!!!
                        Members Ride sold...
                        I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/shop/p...1c6c17f1aa86e2

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by Pacman91EX
                            JL Audio W6 or Kicker Solo Baric L7
                            solo barics r wack.

FI AUDIO & RE AUDIO FTW
                            DONT SWEAT THE TECHNIQUE

Comment

you get what you pay for... "best" is simply once preference and budget

Comment

Working...
                              X