Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

240 Drift car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

240 Drift car

Here she is tell me what you think guys...

Finish up the body work and paint!
    45.00%
    Overhaul the motor and add a Turbo!
    17.50%
    5 Speed swap!
    37.50%
    Go to town on the interior!
    0.00%
    Last edited by JDM_CB7_TX; 05-28-2009, 05:59 PM.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
    PSN: JDMcb7TX

thats a nice kit, what color are you guna do it? i love that gen of 240s...ive had a 92 240 before. sweet cars....looking good, whats going to happen with paint and stuff and under the hood?

otherwise looks cool
    91 LX Coupe H22 swap, n/a build in progress. "007 CB7"
    I'll smoke your v8 like I smoke my ganja

Comment

finish the body work on that mayne and then go from there....i know 5spds better for drifting but actually hey i gota 5spd trans from a 92 240 ill sell you cheap as hell its missing first but that shouldnt be toooo expsensive to fix

but your in texas...idk i found a new one for mine on craigslist with a stg 2 exedy clutch kit and fidanza flywheel for 450 not installed...worked great
      91 LX Coupe H22 swap, n/a build in progress. "007 CB7"
      I'll smoke your v8 like I smoke my ganja

Comment

kouki tail laights and type x wing ftw!

Comment

i would sell the body kit, and use the money for a 5speed swap, then maybe a turbo

Comment

Since you already have the bodykit on, I would vote, finishing up the bodywork and paint . What Color are you going with? That shit will look clean once it done

later.
            "PREPARE for the WORSE, Hope for the BEST" B.T.N.H.

Comment

S15 Conversion up front...
              Originally posted by chessboxer
              We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
              Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

^^^would look badass. Those headlights look so aggressive . EIther way, it would still be a nice looking car once done
                Last edited by trubluryder; 05-29-2009, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trubluryder View Post
                  ^^^would look badass. Those headlights look so aggressive . EIther way, its would still be a nice looking car once done
                  I'm just not a big fan of flip up headlights. But if any car can pull them off, it's a 240.
                  Originally posted by chessboxer
                  We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                  Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

you can't drift an auto unless you are making high power and have rebuilt the tranny to shift right.

5 speed, and do your own paint so two things.

you will also need a clutch style limited slip diff to drift.
                    ____

Comment

primer it for now, so that it's all one color, and leave it like that until you finish working on the motor and 5-speed swap, because you wont wanna scratch the fresh paint
                      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by PointBlank View Post
                        I'm just not a big fan of flip up headlights. But if any car can pull them off, it's a 240.
                        I'm not a big fan of flip up headlights either, unless its an NSX
                        If it was my car, I would definitely do the front end coversion.

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
                        primer it for now, so that it's all one color, and leave it like that until you finish working on the motor and 5-speed swap, because you wont wanna scratch the fresh paint
                        VERY good advise IF you paint the car now, you will have to be extra careful in the future. If not, you will damage the paint while working on the engine, car audio, etc.

Comment

are you going to do a dupoint paint job? or do you plan on taking it to a track? cause i dont get the point of putting on a nice paint job until you know you can drift, so you dont mess up your paint hitting a wall. at least i wouldnt paint it till i got drifting down really good but thats me.nice car though enjoy it
                          My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

at least roller-paint it for now...

sorry, unpainted kits are a pet peeve of mine...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                            11.68 @ 127mph
                            417whp/375wtq
                            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

you can do the paint yourself and save money...but you'll need a 5-speed and a lsd to drift.

As to the flip up lights, you can swap over the 300z lights and add a shroud (otherwise it'll look like a saturn) Or make your own, I've seen it done, doesn't look all too hard. Just cut outthe top of the flip ups, make your own backing, cover it with plexi glass or something...etc etc.

something I will do if I get another s13

check these out, I believe there is a 240 with 300z headlights without any covers...uggo without the shrouds...and also the diy convert as well.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothrea...postid=4183792
                              http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/185067

I have the direct links saved at the house pc...but I don't have internet at the house right now
                              Last edited by bcjammerx; 05-29-2009, 05:18 AM.
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X