Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Coupe

The recent gas prices have been adding up with the beast I have been driving so I have been looking for somehting more fuel efficient. This search resulted in me buying a 1992 EX-R 5-speed coupe last week. I managed to pick up a second set of 6-spoke OEM alloys over the weekend so now I have one set for the summer tires and one for the winters.

It's totally stock and has obviously been well taken care of with only 225,000KM on it (about 140,000mi). The only visible rust on the body is the typical rot at the corners of the rear wheel wells. The underside is great and it obviously has been professionally undercoated throughout its life.

My only plans with it are to keep it well maintained and take it on road trips. Stock and loving it

This is the other car I currenly own which was costing me too much in gas: a 1994 Infiniti Q45.

It's a really nice car... comfortable powerful, but the gas mileage is absolute crap in the city. I have no need for two cars so I am currently in the process of trying to sell it.

Very nice!! Welcome to the site. ..more pics of the ex~r
    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Sell it, and dump some cash intot he cb, u won't regret it =)
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

That's a really good starting point. The frame is the hardest part of a car to fix or replace so starting with a clean frame is a blessing. Good luck selling the Q45, I don't think anyone will want it for a bit for the same reason you're selling
        Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

Nice but can we have more pics please?!

about to get my hands dirty!

Comment

Well, since you asked nicely for more pics, how can I say no?

Here it is in all its bone-stock beauty:

...And the interior:

As far as putting money into this car goes, the main goal with this car is to save money so the only money I plan on putting into it is maintenance and gas. The $$ from the Infiniti would definitely pay for getting the wheel well corners professionally redone. I could also go on a loooong roadtrip with that much $$.

I really enjoy this coupe... it kind of feels like a big Prelude at times and like a small Legend at others. I actually used to own a '92 Legend in the same colour as this car: Grenada Black Pearl (NH-503P). That car unfortunately got the BHG that the C32 engines are known for.

Comment

You weird canadians and your grey interiors

USDM black EX's had tan interiors

Have any mods planned for it?

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

Hot damn that thing is mint for an eastern car!

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                    You weird canadians and your grey interiors

USDM black EX's had tan interiors

Have any mods planned for it?
                    The only mods I really have in mind are fog lights, most likely aftermarket ones since OEM ones are hard to find. If I could find a set of vent visors at a junkyard I'd definitely snag 'em. I may also be looking into a roof rack as well because I've bought this as an "adventure wagon" to take on road trips and I may need the extra cargo capacity.
                    Mods are going to be minimal on this car; maybe it's partly because the CB7 is a commonly modified platform and I want to be different.

I think I am going to be leaving the windows un-tinted... I like the "open" feeling it gives the car, especially with the glass sunroof.

I love the grey cloth with the black exterior... honestly, I don't think I'd like a tan interior with a black exterior.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    Hot damn that thing is mint for an eastern car!
                    Yeah... When I saw this car and the condition it is in, I knew I would be a fool to pass it up.

It has definitely been well undercoated more than once. The wheel wells are thick with the rubberized stuff and the whole underside is coated in the greasy, oily undercoat that you get re-done peroidically. It gets in everywhere and I can hardly touch anything underneath or in the engine bay without getting my hands greasy. This car is definitely proof that undercoating is well worth the money if you live in an area where they salt the roads.

Comment

Working...
                    X