Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My new Accord and plans to make HUGE power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new Accord and plans to make HUGE power

Greetings CB7Tuner.com,

Id like to introduce myself and my recently aquired accord.
    I am a self taught engineer (some people say Im like an up and coming Smokey Yunik! lol), Ive been involved in building a few race cars and street cars over the years. With each car I build I am constantly trying new things and trying to push the boundaries with science and auto-technology.
    My last big build was a 2nd gen Miata which I built up into an extreme street car with a big turbo, fully built, and a couple secret weapons that made it nasty fast. Since then Ive started playing with Hondas and already have made a splash with some of my innovative ideas.

But anyway, I just recently aquired a 92 accord seen here:

Just a little teaser for now.
    I have some plans to built it to rev to 11k rpm at very high boost pressure using compoud compressors.
    Stay tuned

Clean car. Welcome to the forum. Note to self: Read forum sub categories b4 posting
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Nobody says "Ebonics" anymore... It's thoroughly racist to assume that only black people talk like idiots. This site is proof that EVERYONE, of every cultural background, is capable of talking (or rather, typing) like a total fucking moron.

Comment

And what might some of these innovative ideas be?
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

If you've built that car to the way it currently looks, I see hope, rather than a BS post which I think this could end up being.

Comment

^^^Probably Right^^^
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Nobody says "Ebonics" anymore... It's thoroughly racist to assume that only black people talk like idiots. This site is proof that EVERYONE, of every cultural background, is capable of talking (or rather, typing) like a total fucking moron.

Comment

welcome to the forums, youll be quite happy with the hp mods your f22a will make.

how much hp was the miata?
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

So Ill start by laying out my plans for the bottom end. Its nothing too wild compared to what Ive done in the past, but I have some plans for the head that seriously blow your minds, but Ill come back to that when I have time.

To begin, Ill be heavily modifying the proportions of the bottom end.
              Crank:
              De-stroked 95mm F22 crank by turning down rod journals by 6mm, lightened, bull-nosed, and knife edged for improved windage. Oil galleyed drilled out and chamfered for high RPM fuel delivery.
              Block:
              20mm deck plate (making 239.5mm deck height), welded. New sleeved pressed in. Modified oil and coolant passages and possibly custom billet girdle for strength and oiling.
              Rods:
              Custom 158mm aluminum rods
              Pistons:
              "8.0:1" forged Wiseco pistons, creating an actual static CR of just over 7.0:1
              Other:
              Custom, balance shafts to perfectly compensate for adjusted weight of rotating assembly.
              Oil pump, heavily ported and shimmed for higher pressure. Or dry sump system.

Should put me at ~2150cc displacement at stock bore. I may end up going for larger bore if there is enough room and it wont compromise the blocks strength. It will be significantly stronger due to being made closed deck with the deck plate and If I do decide to build the billet girdle it will eliminate any flex in the block further improving its strength.

Stay tuned for plans for the head, and then prepare to have your mind blown by the induction system and transmission.

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
              how much hp was the miata?
              The Miata put out just under 550hp, but made an incredible 640 ft/lbs of torque due to the advanced nitrous oxide water injection system. It could have made quiet a bit more power but it was limited by the turbo.
              Ill post of the dyno chart later. I will admit that it was on a non-load holding dynojet, so the numbers are probably a bit optimistic for wheel horsepower, but theyre probably pretty close to brake horsepower.
              Nobody seems to argue with the dynojet optimism nowadays anyway, but Im just being humble.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              And what might some of these innovative ideas be?
              In good time.
              Ill give you a few hints. They involve a large array of topics such as compound sequential turbocharging, manual torque converter hybrid transmission modifications, and chemical interccoling alternatives.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
              If you've built that car to the way it currently looks, I see hope, rather than a BS post which I think this could end up being.
              I assumre you, there is no BS here my friend.
              As for the car, Im afraid that I bought it in its current condition due to it having a decent body and the engine/drivetrain that I want to use. Im not really interested in what it looks like. By the time Im "done" with it, it will probably be pretty ugly from radical racing modifications.
              Its function over form with me 110%.
              Last edited by 12inch_Pianist; 01-21-2012, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 12inch_Pianist View Post
                In good time.
                Ill give you a few hints. They involve a large array of topics such as compound sequential turbocharging, manual torque converter hybrid transmission modifications, and chemical interccoling alternatives.
                You sound like what I want to become on day. I hope your mysterious ways come to light soon as I want to learn all those things you just mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by 12inch_Pianist View Post
                  due to the advanced nitrous oxide water injection system.
                  They involve a large array of topics such as compound sequential turbocharging
                  Lolwut?
                  Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

All these big words. But makes no sence.

Not sure why you want to do half these things they really have no point other than being expensive and redundant..
                    wat?

Comment

Also will you be using a turboencabulator?
                      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
                        Lolwut?
                        The Miata had a pre-turbo water injection system that was injecting water with a linear progression with boost pressure, peaking at ~420cc/min. This was coupled with 3 stages of dry nitrous oxide which added power and combined with the water to dramatically reduce intake air temps. This was caused by the phase change due to the volatility of the water and nitrous as it encountered the heat of combustion.

I originally ran a more traditional front mount A/A intercooler with direct port water injection but found it to be too limited for my goals. I was getting detonation at low RPM and was having to pull excessive timing, which was very counter productive. I ended up adding a 3rd stage of nitrous at high RPM instead of the direct port water injection and opted for non-intercooled with a large volume of pre-turbo water injection.

As promised, here is my best dyno pull with the Miata:

As for the compound sequential turbocharger setup, you will see in due time.
                        Im looking forward to proving that there is a reason to run more than 2 turbos on one engine.

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                        All these big words. But makes no sence.

Not sure why you want to do half these things they really have no point other than being expensive and redundant..
                        Im not the best at explaining things, but it all makes sense up here! lol
                        Like I said, I have a lot of interest in pushing the limits of engineering. Sure I could acomplish a lot on the cheap, but I want to accomplish more than that and its not like Im going to be dropping the car off at a shop to do this. I have a pretty complete machine shop and plan on fabricating everything I can in house. The modifications and fabrication that you could never image doing are daily humdrum activities to me.

P.S. I have no idea what a "Turboencabulator" is, but I googled it and it looks like its a domestic automatic transmission or something, so Im not sure what youre talking about.
                        Last edited by 12inch_Pianist; 01-22-2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Alright, moving on to the next part of my plan. The cylinder head.

Firstly, there are issues with cylinder head design that become apparent when spraying exceptionally big shots of nitrous, the size and shape of the exhaust ports/valves. The problem is that the amount of exhaust gasses created by nitrous and fuel combusting is greater than air and fuel combusting, hence the need for more exhaust flow. This means larger primary tubes on the header, larger ports, larger valves, and more cam lift/duration.

For this reason I plan on doing extensive porting and modification of the exhaust ports and almost nothing to the intake ports (other than cleaning up casting marks). I will open up the roof as far as I can go before I break into water jackets or into the rocker cavity. In this way I will make a larger more vertical port that will flow well and aim the header upward making more room (Ill touch on that later).
                          I know a picture is worth a thousand words, please excuse the rough drawing and the camera phone photograph (Im not much of a photographer lol):

As I mentioned earlier, I will desire an unusual camshaft profile to support large amount of nitrous and boost. In the past I have designed my own profiles and had them ground with hit and miss success.
                          Ill likely try to find a cam grinder experienced with F series and see what they suggest when I explain the details of this setup instead of trying many profiles until I get the results I want.

But anyway, the second innovative modification Im planning is a kind of "holy grail" coolant re-route utilized by legitimate race cars. Rally and endurance racers understand the necessity of equal coolant flwo through the block and head. It minimizes the possibility of particular cylinders running hot and the formation of "hot spots" from stagnant coolant flow.
                          My plan is to eliminate the single coolant passage at the end of the block and instead opt to extract the coolant for 4 point across the exhaust side of the head.Ill have to cut a head up to figure out my porting anyway, so while I do so Ill plan out how Im going to drill into the water passages from the outside.
                          My tentative plan is to do this underneath or between the ports with the coolant flowing into a manifold under the exhaust manifold.
                          Heres a picture to clarify:

Thats all for now. Stay tuned.
                          I have 3 main ideas for the induction system, each with its own pros and cons. I would combine them but Im not sure how much room Im going to have without cutting into the firewall or remote mounting turbochargers.

Comment

What happens when you have to refuckulate the carbinator?

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                              What happens when you have to refuckulate the carbinator?
                              I see.
                              Im not sure exactly what issue you have with me or my ideas, but I dont really appreciate posts like this. If you dont like something I said or disagree with me, Id like you to say so in a clear and articulate manner. Ill be happy to have a proper discussion with you, but Im not interested in making asinine jokes or arguing with someone who doesnt seem to have anything worth while to contribute.

Comment

Working...
                              X