Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

finally on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally on the road

After alot of body and just all around work ive finally got my cb on the rd! [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Nice, where in NH are you?

Comment

Love coupes. Especially how the back windows pop out.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Im in milton nh. Ya coupes are dope,i traded a guy a 4 wheeler for this. The front was all smashed up, it ran but leaked oil every where and all the lines and rear quarters where rotted too high hell. So all new brake and fuel lines, 255 fuel pump my buddy whos all into 240s sold me an ems4 he had and programed it for me. And thanks too devergote.....think thats how he spells it? i have bisimoto stage 2 cam and new valves, springs, ect.... took forever too find the cam till he told me where too find it.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
            Love coupes. Especially how the back windows pop out.
            Id say thats my favorite thing about a coupe.

Comment

So you have a sleeper. Level 2 cam and chipped ecu. I'm sure u love the tq factor outta it.

Where your powerband at? Up to wat rpm can u do?
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by badfish82 View Post
                Im in milton nh. Ya coupes are dope,i traded a guy a 4 wheeler for this. The front was all smashed up, it ran but leaked oil every where and all the lines and rear quarters where rotted too high hell. So all new brake and fuel lines, 255 fuel pump my buddy whos all into 240s sold me an ems4 he had and programed it for me. And thanks too devergote.....think thats how he spells it? i have bisimoto stage 2 cam and new valves, springs, ect.... took forever too find the cam till he told me where too find it.
                Id say that earns you the right to have hood pins!

I like the CB man and I look foward to seeing your progress. Looks as if your off to a fantastic start!

Comment

It has no red line at the moment...havent pushed past 8k on it. It starts pulling hard at around 3500. Soon i plan too boost it the cam is for a turbo motor. So far its been good though smoked a few teggys and a gtp grand prix yesterday lol. Ive got alot in mind for this car but low fundage, soon enough boost and body kit and a better suspension, i dont wanna lower though because the rds suck around here.

Comment

Originally posted by badfish82 View Post
                    It has no red line at the moment...havent pushed past 8k on it. It starts pulling hard at around 3500. Soon i plan too boost it the cam is for a turbo motor. So far its been good though smoked a few teggys and a gtp grand prix yesterday lol. Ive got alot in mind for this car but low fundage, soon enough boost and body kit and a better suspension, i dont wanna lower though because the rds suck around here.
                    Whats 8k feel like on an F22A? Ive always wondered but with both my CBs there isnt much power up past about 5800 so I dont go past that. Then again I dont have a bisi level 2 cam.

Roads suck here too. Body kits last about a week around here.

Comment

8 was a little overkill, i dont think im making power past 7. The exhaust is stock but ive got an intake on it so i can hear it and sounded good. Im impressed with it so far, keeps me outta the house and the wifes clutches. It was supposed too be my winter beater but a few hurniea opperations took me away from mx ride/raceing so now it looks like this car will be my new hobby. New England dragway will be my new hangout next year lol, cant get enough of things that burn gas and go bang!!

Comment

Oh ya hood pins are because im a cheap prick, hood was a banana untill i took a comealong and a rubber mallet too it. looks mint compared too what it was.

Comment

Are there any tricks too getting it too idle or am i screwed till i boost? Its not wanting too run lower than 1500 too 1700. When i first start it ive gotta stay on the pedal for about 30 seconds and then it will do its own thing.... granted its also getting in the mid 30s up here at night.

Comment

the idle could have to do with the tune, the cam, or the need for adjustments. could also be air in the coolant system. take a look in the "read here first" thread in the beginner technical section (which is where such questions belong, if you expect to find any help here...) Idle issues are addressed at length there.

I wouldn't boost on that bisimoto cam. N/A cams aren't made for boost. If you go turbo, swap the cam with either a stock cam or a turbo grind. you can sell that bisimoto piece for a profit (just not in this section... or you'll get banned.)

Comment

Got it! Thanks for the advice and help finding a cam, I spoke with my friend who sold me the ems for it and he said its the cam and the tune he said he got the base map from a friend whos running a similar set up...idk crap about computer tuning but he said my stock ecus not in there anymore. ive only had it running with this setup for 2 days now.....ill learn it all out soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X