Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB3 Accord from Slovenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB3 Accord from Slovenia

Hey there! Long time lurker, a new owner of an Accord tho.

I've just recently picked up a CB3 '90 Accord sedan. It's a 2.0 carb'd engine with lots dealer options.

There aren't many Accords out here in Slovenia, so i've been after one for about 2 years now and the opportunity finally presented itself!
    I was watching the for sale ad for about 2 weeks before i decided i had to have it. Called the guy up, set up a meet and bought the car right there and then

Few bad bits on the car... Cracked drivers side headlight and broken headlight washer.

Dented fender and cracked paint.

Rear hood rust bubbles..

And ofcourse the issue of a missing backbox which happened to be in the trunk

The car is currently parked and waiting to be fixed up so i can get it taxed and roadworthy.

At the moment i am swapping my sisters BA4 Prelude (carb to PGM-FI and a rebuilt engine swap).

My other project is a ED7 Civic DOHC ZC which i am restoring for my summer daily driver

Cannot wait till i can dig in the soon-to-be daily driven CB Accord

wow! some very nice projects, it looks like you do great work so I am excited to see what you do with the Accord. I love the prelude.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

That cappuccino brown Prelude is gorgeous!
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I definetly second that Jarret!! nice projects man!!!! I would love that generation of a Prelude!!

Comment

Thanks a lot for the kind words

The Prelude is near the end of the swap, all i need to do now is hook up new fuel lines in the back around the fuel tank and then drop in the engine.

Here's some more pics of the Prelude engine that i'm working on right now..

This is the engine that is going in the car. A B20A9 engine with supposedly 111k miles. The sump was full of bearing bits, so it was torn to pieces and reassembled.

Bottom end which has new bearings, polished crank, honed cylinders, new piston rings and gaskets all round. The oil pump was also cleaned and inspected.

Head fresh from being refurbished. Surfaced, valve seats done and stem seals changed.

Mated up with a fresh headgasket and cleaned the engine a bit with a wire wheel.

Also a before and after when i cleaned the cylinder head

After that i can devote my time to the Civic that has been in my garage for the past 3 years because of the lack of time and at times even money. Can't wait till i can drive it again

It sure doesn't help to be an engineering student with the workload that we're given.. But in two months time i'm off for 3 months so that's when things will start happening on the Accord

Comment

If that Prelude is any indication of what you're capable of, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with the Accord!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              If that Prelude is any indication of what you're capable of, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with the Accord!
              Means a lot coming from a guy like you

Keep in mind that i am only doing the swap, wiring and fuel system. The paintjob and welding was done by a local company, but i have a huge desire to learn welding myself...someday

I did however paint the engine bay on my own Civic tho

Comment

Also if anyone is interested in the 4gen that i'm restoring, here's the topic on 4GUK forums -> Gray ED7
                And the topic about the Prelude found here -> BA4 Prelude - engine swap.
                Last edited by evalex; 04-29-2015, 08:04 AM. Reason: Adding a URL

Comment

Welcome to CB7!

Love your accord, nice and original. Those dents and missing muffler can be fixed but glad to see no rust. To me rust is a hard one to fix. I would rather fix by unbolting and bolting another part than sanding or worse still cutting, welding, sanding, priming, sanding, painting, cutting with compound ughh. Nice Accord once again.

I am very happy to see someone in the family loves Preludes and that particular generation specifically. That was my first love in the Honda range and first model to purchase. I am now a proud owner of Several of that type of Prelude to name a few in my collection. That's how much I love that generation (3rd) Prelude.
                  Rides:

Accord
                  92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                  96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                  88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                  92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                  95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                  92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                  91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                  91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                  91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                  91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
                    Welcome to CB7!

Love your accord, nice and original. Those dents and missing muffler can be fixed but glad to see no rust. To me rust is a hard one to fix. I would rather fix by unbolting and bolting another part than sanding or worse still cutting, welding, sanding, priming, sanding, painting, cutting with compound ughh. Nice Accord once again.

I am very happy to see someone in the family loves Preludes and that particular generation specifically. That was my first love in the Honda range and first model to purchase. I am now a proud owner of Several of that type of Prelude to name a few in my collection. That's how much I love that generation (3rd) Prelude.
                    Thanks, happy to be welcomed into such a big community with these kind of nice greetings

There's some rust on both rear wheel wells, but nothing that drastic. Haven't really had a chance to lay under the car to properly check it. In any case it's gonna be fixed up. I've wanted this car for 4 years and now i finally have one! I ain't letting a bit of rust destroy my future daily driver.

Preludes are cool cars, classy and timeless just like Accords. I just can't get over how awesome those pop-up headlights look on these old cars, it's insane. It's just sad that about 2 years back there was 7 total registered BA Preludes in Slovenia. You just don't see them anymore. Sourcing parts is riddiculously hard over here.

Comment

Welcome, and man does that Prelude look good in that colour. I don't think it was offered in north america in that brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip-Eye View Post
                        Welcome, and man does that Prelude look good in that colour. I don't think it was offered in north america in that brown.
                        Thanks

The Prelude wasn't offered in that color anywhere. It's a BMW paint called Sepang Silber (WA32 paint code)
                        Last edited by evalex; 04-30-2015, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Seeing as the Prelude progress sparked up some interest i thought i'd follow up with some updates :-)

Here's a oil seal installing tool i've made at work..

An ugly water pipe all rusted out

The next day i had it soda blasted and then left it at the place which does cataphoresis :-)

Over the weekend i've painted my friends engine bay on a EF sedan in Tahitian green pearl paint. Came out pretty good tho there's some orange peel and a few bits in clearcoat, but you can't do much better than that in a garage.

Picture of the slam panel in the sunlight

And after we were done with the painting we went to my garage and started assembling the engine.. Mmmm clean internals

Manifold back on after a few months and you can see the painted water pipe..

Engine completed with gearbox and all parts that need to go on.

It was 11pm when we finished so we decided to swap the engine some other day.. Put it back inside the garage and left for the day. Tiring 14hours of work on two cars..

Seeing as i can't forget about not succeeding in placing the engine in it's natural habitat i've enlisted the help of a friend and off we went. Did the last finishing touches and in it went!

Comment

Wow. First off welcome to CB7Tuner I had a chance to read thru your build page on your ED6!

Definitely dedication right there although I was surprised you eliminated the rear fogs (aren't those required over there? ).

Interested to see what will become of your CB3, and not to mention your English is perfect usually some of the Euro guys type in broken English although still easily understandable.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                              Wow. First off welcome to CB7Tuner I had a chance to read thru your build page on your ED6!

Definitely dedication right there although I was surprised you eliminated the rear fogs (aren't those required over there? ).

Interested to see what will become of your CB3, and not to mention your English is perfect usually some of the Euro guys type in broken English although still easily understandable.
                              Thanks man, i appreciate the time you took to read thru my ED6 build threat
                              The rear fogs are not required, but we did get them installed from factory on all of the cars. I just dislike the look of it, i like my cars clean and simple

Seeing as i've watched Cartoon Network since i was a little kid English language just kinda stuck and became easy for me, it sure helps with a lot of stuff to know a foreign language..

Comment

Working...
                              X