Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Swedish '92 CB3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swedish '92 CB3

Swedish '92 CB354, one of a kind still registered. Mods awaiting, stay in touch
    Last edited by q4rspwn; 12-04-2020, 04:24 AM.

Comment

You can definitely tell it's a Swedish accord because of the white color, not much of a suntan at all. If it were me I would take out that trunk carpet everything I could to clean it and then clean the plastics in the back. Another rare treat is the hood insulator that would be neat to see a full picture of that. In the photo of the front of the car it looks like the front is a little higher than the back I know that the front lip is missing but maybe it's all that air conditioning stuff that's not in there that is not weighing down the Springs to make it sit level. Certainly looks like a gym I hope you take care of it and give it to treatment it deserves interior looks like it was kept well.

Comment

Originally posted by THE_1990_ACCORD View Post
        You can definitely tell it's a Swedish accord because of the white color, not much of a suntan at all. If it were me I would take out that trunk carpet everything I could to clean it and then clean the plastics in the back. Another rare treat is the hood insulator that would be neat to see a full picture of that. In the photo of the front of the car it looks like the front is a little higher than the back I know that the front lip is missing but maybe it's all that air conditioning stuff that's not in there that is not weighing down the Springs to make it sit level. Certainly looks like a gym I hope you take care of it and give it to treatment it deserves interior looks like it was kept well.
        Thanks for the visit and kind words!

Yeah, it's been owned by an elderly couple for many years. Less than 105k (miles) on the clock at pickup for $950. They always buy white little Japanese cars for some reason. They also normally keep them garaged and prefer washing over driving

It isn't perfect, however:

This is interesting, since there's no rust on the rest of the car. Moisture must be trapped somehow.
        Oh, and the insulator:

Thought this was actually standard on all markets :o Good hint about our winters...

I prefer to keep this car somewhat stock, although I couldn't resist a WRC-style body kit for next to nothing (like this https://img.modifiedcartrader.com/up...-ex-807195.jpg). It will go through the fate of a daily driver (whole point of this car was actually to save $900/year by replacing my old E39), however garaged and washed frequently

Comment

• THE_1990_ACCORD
          THE_1990_ACCORD commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the photo there's a lot of story than Bing told find the areas where there is no insulation the areas that have a thicker installation the high points in the low points of it that is really neat to look at

So, just a week since this thread was started, and already out of date...

Package of goodies turned up A major brake system overhaul will be done (front discs + pads, rear shoes and fluid), as well as maintenance with spark plugs + air filter etc. Oil was already changed, although I'm not certain it should really have fully synthetic oil. Guess it works for now.

Front position lights were also cracked/leaky, and from Germany they were just $10 each, so those + a new towbar cover will be some nice extra treats. Also looked for white front/side indicators, but nothing in stock.

Had to pick up some winter wheels as well (in south Sweden it's not all that necessary, but regulated by law). Lives a little Evo in there, doesn't it

A heater is also a nice winter treat. Perhaps a little overkill with 1850W but yeah... Will hopefully be installed soon.

Comment

Very nice looking CB. Hopefully you can get that rust taken care of so it doesn't spread.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by q4rspwn View Post
            This is interesting, since there's no rust on the rest of the car. Moisture must be trapped somehow.
            yeah, our cars are terrible for rear quarter panel rust. It starts with moisture trapped in the rubber pieces glued into the rear wheel wells, then spreads from there. A rare design flaw in an otherwise amazing car.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
            X