Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Parking Ticket.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking Ticket.......

Alright so heres the little story:

On Wednesday, drove to downtown Toronto to play some hockey at the YMCA. After struggling to find decent parking (lol driving in toronto is not advised) I ended up parking in a zone where a Physical Disabilty permit was needed, although i didnt notice this until i got back 2 hours later. Actually felt stupid about this, because i went and bought my parking ticket that was good for 2 hours, put it on the windshield thinking everything was okay, all the while not noticing the Physical Disabilties sign a few cars away from mine smile4.gif. I was left with a $450 ticket because of this.

I know im completely in the wrong here of course, was just a stupid brain cramp or something, live and learn as a new driver i guess. But i was wondering if there was any chance i could maybe get the ticket reduced by fighting it in court? $450 is alot of coin for a 18 year old smile4.gif lol. I am a new driver, havent got any speeding tickets of any sort, no criminal convictions, clean record....

Some input would be great. Thanks guys!
    CB7 Fund: $1,461.01
    H22 Fund: $10

Fight it in court?
    As long as it's a legit government ticket, you don't have a leg to stand on.
    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

wow, that is a lot for parking ticket......
      CB7_ACCORD get a $25 for parking ticket

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
      too bad seattle silver's are the best.
      ACCORD MEET MAY 29th 2010

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
        Fight it in court?
        As long as it's a legit government ticket, you don't have a leg to stand on.
        yup.

sorry to say man, but i seriously doubt you will be able to fight this. i'm basically the same age as you, and i know that's a lot of money, but i don't really see any cheaper way out of this.
        Originally posted by deevergote.
        And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

yeah, I feel for you man, I got a 100 dollar ticket by parking in the wrong "zone" during my freshman year of college. As much as I wanted to fight it or ask the Parking and Transit people at ASU for a reduced fine, since I already had a parking decal, they wouldn't budge.

So from now on, I make POSITIVE i'm in the clear wherever I park. Its just one of those things that makes you say "DOH!" but there's nothing you can do about it. Although 450 dollars is OUTRAGEOUS for a parking violation.....not even getting your car towed and probably impounded here would cost that much.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i dont know about where you live but a lot of times you can take the case to court, not to fight it or whatever but you can get it reduced if you have a clean record or whatever, im not sure on the details, but my brother did it not too long ago..
            峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

I say take it to court and ask the judge to reduce the fine and ask for instead community service.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

get a disability thingie.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                  yeah, I feel for you man, I got a 100 dollar ticket by parking in the wrong "zone" during my freshman year of college. As much as I wanted to fight it or ask the Parking and Transit people at ASU for a reduced fine, since I already had a parking decal, they wouldn't budge.

So from now on, I make POSITIVE i'm in the clear wherever I park. Its just one of those things that makes you say "DOH!" but there's nothing you can do about it. Although 450 dollars is OUTRAGEOUS for a parking violation.....not even getting your car towed and probably impounded here would cost that much.

tahahah i heard stories about that too about parking in College...tahaha i just park as a visitor with parking tag under seat hahahhaha.

*Needs*
                  -New shocks
                  -Struts
                  -Drop
                  -Cleaning
                  -New Tires/Wheels
                  -New Window Tint
                  -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

fight that shit!!!

Going through the motions for the thrill of it
                    MEMBER'S RIDE__________________________FOR SALE THREAD
                    Sold to: PhatAccord, Darkcloud, jhondayaaj, greenefsi
                    Bought from: lokuputha, casterX, jhondayaaj, PhatAccord, blizzard335, Night Wolf, BatmannamtaB, Billkisme

Comment

Originally posted by KEVDTX View Post
                      fight that shit!!!
                      lol....he's already admitted he's guilty.
                      2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                      Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                      1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

If your guilty, And you know you are, there is a way to get it reduced. See a Majistrate about your situation, tell them what happened, and that your in school, or your saving for school, and this ticket could set you back some... But look like you give a damn, and tell them your in the wrong, you just think the price is very "overwhelming in your situation".

Good luck, thats what i did in the winnipeg courts.
                        90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                        2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

i once had my car towed from right outside my dorms two weeks after moving in.

i go to school in atlanta and had to walk way far to get to the police station to find it was $150+$150 towing fines. walking back to my dorm to meet a friend so he could drive me to the impound lot i got in a fight with 2 ppl cause i was so pissed off and they were being dicks

Comment

Working...
                          X