Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

japan and horse power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

japan and horse power

so i was reading an artical last month on the skyline last month and they were talking about that it's the first car that japan is making with that much horse power from production stand point. well what got my attention was that there are alot of people who say that all japanese cars are weak that you have to build them to be fast have alot of horse power. well what i found out is that it's not that they cant make cars with alot horse power it's the fact that their is a law out there that no car from factory can have more that 280hp. you could mod it out your self. but from factory you cant have more than 280 hp. the new skyline out there infact is governed to not exceed 115 mph. (not cool.) And another thing is that nissan signed an agreement with alot of japan tuning companies so that they wont make after market performence parts. out here in the states its diffrent though. Another thing is that because of the navigation system that comes in the skyline if you mod it in anyway it sends a signal out to nissan telling the main frame cpu that car has been modded and will automatically void the warrenty. now i read all this and dont know if it's 100% true so correct me if im wrong. but if it is that sucks.
    My 92 accord

Like America better now?
    wat?

Comment

lol

but yeh, the reason japanese cars are "weak" is due to that law.. a lot of the time you can just take out some restrictors and they'll make some more power..

for the gtr you have to be on a track or somewhere likewise to unleash the full potential, thats probably the reason why messing with the nav system voids the warranty..
      i still see lots of tuners doing this anyways lol

for so i have been told, i pass this knowledge onto others!
      Last edited by ric3rboi23; 06-24-2008, 06:32 PM.
      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

the gentleman's agreement.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
        Honda Accord Euro-R
        Honda Odyssey Absolute
        Honda City I-DSi
        Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
          Like America better now?

i will always love U.S.A. but not their cars even though they make more power. lol.

as far as messin with navi it's not so much messin with it's the fact that if you mess with the car itself the navigation system has been programed to send and out going signal letting the manufature know that car has been tampered with.

i wonder what kind of messege you get on your navi screen saying your car is warrenty is voided. ( you get a vid of a samurai stabbing himself saying you have dishonerd nissan.) lol

My 92 accord

Comment

That stinks. It's a nice car, I don't think it really needs to be modded. Keep the warranty.
            Click for my ride thread.

Comment

It's a gentlemen's agreement between the companies, not to exceed 280hp (that was in the 90s). All the Skylines, Supras, 300zxs, etc... were sold as 280hp cars. Just about ALL of the top of the line ones were making more, though.

There was no law saying that. Hell, every Japanese automaker has at least one 300+hp car on the market right now. The new GT-R is making quite a bit more than the advertised 476hp as well.

Comment

Old news.
                Raceline USA

Comment

Bone stock it'll smoke a 911, why is there a need to mod it?

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

for the same reason people mod any car. to be diffrent more power racing personal pleasure
                    My 92 accord

Comment

Working...
                    X