Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

high school grade ...my best friend dont think he can make it through college..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high school grade ...my best friend dont think he can make it through college..

what can he do for work?

serious answers only

he is from San Fran too

****edit -grad

Originally posted by accord=inspire? View Post
    what can he do for work?

serious answers only

he is from San Fran too

****edit -grad
    either im retarded, or that makes 0 sense at all.. please re word

Comment

he wants to know what jobs his friend can get as just a high school graduate.. not a college student

im in the same boat
      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

join a union and make more than the college kids
        峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

alot of college students cant find jobs.... as the saying gose....

its not what you know. Its who you know... there are alot of things he can do for work.. i never went to college.. i have had 5 garage jobs 2 bodyshop jobs 2 dealership jobs 2 house paintting jobs a moving job couple of grocery store jobs a industrail insulation job and now i am a sheet extruder operator for a big plastic company....i make desent money i guess.... around 32g's a year

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
          Originally posted by deevergote.
          But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by StoobyMcDooby View Post
            either im retarded, or that makes 0 sense at all.. please re word
            maybe you didnt even grad hs

joke

Comment

You can work Ramp service at the airport. Or you can be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) thats basically a career.

Comment

i never went to college either so i'm currently working in a grocery store as a receiving clerk making only 10 bucks an hour.

i really need to find something better if i ever want to try to make it on my own. i hate living paycheck to paycheck every week.

Comment

my dad never went to college, just worked at body shops and learned how to paint. now hes the sole painter for a big ass dealership here and makes more money than most college grads....

Comment

The only way to make good money without a college education these days (especially if you're not "smart" enough for college) is to do one of three things:

Get lucky. If you happen to do something unique that makes you a ton of money, you're lucky. Music, acting, entrepreneurial enterprises, inventing... This one is a bad one to rely on.

Learn a trade. Either go to trade school (which is almost like college, only more applied knowledge than theoretical knowledge... and less impressive on paper), or become an apprentice. Body work, mechanical stuff, carpentry, plumbing, painting, heating and air conditioning... the money is GOOD in those areas, especially if you can work your way into your own business. Of all the kids I grew up with, the wealthiest and most successful family owns a heating and air conditioning business.

Finally... get a government job. Mail carrier, highway worker, stuff like that. You have to pass an aptitude test, but that's not hard... If you can pass a driver test, you can pass that test. Just make sure he doesn't do any drugs, or he's out.

College is necessary to follow many paths, and it opens many more doors... but it's not the only way to success. So many people go to college thinking a 6 figure paycheck will be handed to them on a silver platter... those people are often sorely disappointed, with their hefty student loans sitting as an ever-present reminder of how clouded their vision was!

Comment

I didn't graduate college and I have a government job, been working my current job for 2 1/2 years and I should be transferring soon to a Government Law Enforcement agency very soon I hope.

Just have a clean record and say no to drugs.

I hope to go back to college again someday though. I don't think just a HS education does it these days.
                      1993 Accord EX
                      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
                        I didn't graduate college and I have a government job, been working my current job for 2 1/2 years and I should be transferring soon to a Government Law Enforcement agency very soon I hope.

Just have a clean record and say no to drugs.

I hope to go back to college again someday though. I don't think just a HS education does it these days.
                        you make enough for a decent living?

Comment

HS won't get you much. You have to pick a path and stick to it... and be GOOD at what you do.

Comment

I love how people point to college as a waste of time, because they know one or a couple people who make more money that a college grad.

1) It highly depends on which college field you go into and come out of. People like engineers typically start at $60K+ if they choose the right field.

2) Doctors, Lawyers etc. Well, nobody usually makes fun of how much they make.

The fact of the matter is that ON AVERAGE, a college grad makes almost 2x as much as a non-college grad in their lifetime. That has leveled out a bit as more people have gone to college, and now, to really differentiate yourself, you need a Master's. Even if it currently isn't as high as 2x, it is still measureably on higher.

Also, everyone incorrectly assumes that people go to college because it automatically means you make more money. The far more effective part of going to college are the doors that it opens for you, and the opportunities it provides. Just because a college grad doesn't make more than a non-college grad does not mean that the non-college grad is in a better position. I know TONS of people that make good money that HATE their lives, and tons of people making almost no money that are perfectly happy. The main purpose of college is to demonstrate that you are able to work, focus, and commit to a long term process of bettering yourself as an individual. It is also good for networking, as you meet and interact with a ton of people with the same interest set that you have. The person who said "it's not what you know, it's who you know" is right. But knowing the right people in the right areas is something that college definitely helps with.

3) People also assume that just because you went to college apprently means that you can't be "street smart" which is honestly a bunch of crap, and they know it. It isn't like you suddenly get street dumb when you go to college. There are plenty of non-college grads that are as dumb as rocks.

4) Good luck with a Union job. Unions generally no longer serve the purpose they were intended for. The originally protected skilled workers from unfair work rules, but it has tipped to the other side now. They are now demanding unfair work rules from companies in many cases. Unions are a big reason a lot of jobs in heavily unionized fields have gone overseas. I'm sorry, but the average auto assembly line worker isn't worth $20 an hour, plus all of the other benefits they receive. "Full pay to the last day" is all fine and dandy until your job disappears. Union effectiveness and enrollment is also at an all time low, because more people are realizing that it is no longer automatically beneficial to belong to them.

5) The REAL way to get yourself in a position to get ahead of the game, is to put yourself in a position where you can get ahead of the curve by OFFERING a skill set that other people don't have. When you have a skill set that is in demand, and nobody else has it, guess what? You can name your price. If you can offer something that hardly anyone else can, and you are honest, diligent, and keep your customer's best interests in mind, you will do fine.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

If you aren't capable of doing well in college (or refuse to try), then it IS a waste of time. Most people that think they can't won't... and if they try, they're only going to get partially through it, with lousy grades. Those people are better off with a more applied form of study... a technical program.

You also have to be prepared for the time. Doctors and lawyers make a ton, sure... but they also spend MUCH more than 4 years in school. I'd probably be a lawyer if I could've afforded the time and tuition. I'm going to be a therapist, and I may eventually become a Psychiatrist... which requires medical school.

For every person that says college is a waste of time, there are 2 people that say college is the key to success... as in, "go, and you'll get that dream job!"

You have to work your ass off either way. You just need to focus.

Comment

Working...
                              X