Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

a very interesting fact....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a very interesting fact....

while i was doing some research for a essay at school i found out that honda has most of its factories in the US since the mid 80's and that GM had hired Honda to make engines for saterns. yes it's true honda made/disigned the motors for them so thats why they be so quik cuz they got the power of dreams inside.lol so most likey the dohc satern has a h22 of some sort.

but i sould do more diging even though it came from a legit source.
    back at it again

Actually, it is only the V6 in the Saturn Vue.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

those older dohc saturns will pull on a f22 any day!

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
        Actually, it is only the V6 in the Saturn Vue.
        ooh right i didn't finish reading the document all the way lol. but you never know.....
        back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
          ooh right i didn't finish reading the document all the way lol. but you never know.....
          Read all.... Then post

I don't know if I asked before but what town in MA are you in
          Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 10-01-2008, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
            Read all.... Then post

I don't know if I asked before but what town in MA are you in
            merrimac why?? and the document was long
            back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
              merrimac why?? and the document was long
              j/w I am near lowell.

Comment

So there ARE cb7tuners in the area, I'm a little under you guys.
                And I just got a well maintained 97 Saturn SL DOHC auto, it can't touch my manual CB. With the same trans I guess they'd be close. Unless the generation before was lighter or something.
                Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                  j/w I am near lowell.
                  cool man.

to Otto that is interesting man but yeah i never like satern tough.
                  back at it again

Comment

well, with the sl1 Saturn, being 2400Ibs with their 100hp, is enough.

Now, the Sl2, being 2400Ibs, with their 124hp...they're pretty wicked. My buddy has a 2000 Sl2 (5 speed), with an intake and exhaust, including 17" rims, and he stands side by side with another buddy of mine's 2007 SS (non-supercharged) Cobalt. Not to mention, their motors are sorta Torque'ish. I mean, the cars themselves aren't built strong, and they're probably the most cheapest car to insure for a reason, but those little Sl2's can turn some heads. I've driven an Auto Sl2, and raced a 2002 5 speed 2 door Cavalier, and he took off before me, and when I started catching up and got to his door, he let off. I wouldn't mind owning one, just for kicks.

My buddy with this Sl2, is a Saturn maniac. Honestly, I can't hang out with him for too long, because he doesn't shut up.

I know for a fact our Cb7's are made in the US. Might be Japan parts, but are made here. So why are we the most importish of imports?
                    98' Mustang 3V Swap
                    11' VW CC R36

Comment

Reminds me of the fact I was told that if you want a 100% made in America car get a Prius... not sure how true it is, but apparently ford/dodge/etc. mostly do assembling in America these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Medikerik View Post
                        Reminds me of the fact I was told that if you want a 100% made in America car get a Prius... not sure how true it is, but apparently ford/dodge/etc. mostly do assembling in America these days.
                        yeah it's true american car are not american eny more and forign cars are like honda 64% of honda are made in the usdm market 20% in canada and the late 16% in japan. cuz chevy has most there cars made in mexico and china then shiped here.
                        back at it again

Comment

Working...
                        X