Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

clutch kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch kits

has any one ever ordered an clutch kit off ebay, i need on bad , i really don't trust a lot of stuff on there , but can i go wrong with an oem kit from there. or does any one have any suggestions on where i can find one around 175 shipped

I like the "suck me slowly" part. Thats my favorite.

no one here on this site has even looked at these kits .

Comment

Here is one from T.A.S. Auto Parts. Here is the link to the page.

Any questions you could PM him since he is a member.

http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Brows...z=10&h=175&p=1

$139.95 + shipping
      3 CB's gone....
      1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

^^^ not bad. even brings the bearing

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I wouldn't use anything but an OEM throwout bearing.

Otherwise, that kit from TASauto.com is probably the best deal you'll get. Those guys are fantastic, and they don't sell crap. You won't find better on ebay for that price, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ncoutlaw View Post
            has any one ever ordered an clutch kit off ebay, i need on bad , i really don't trust a lot of stuff on there , but can i go wrong with an oem kit from there. or does any one have any suggestions on where i can find one around 175 shipped
            never had a problem with ebay kits..... had one in my 86 gti never failed on me n didnt go out and i drove that thing hard as hell
            installed a stage 2 in my 96 ek.... never failed on me either... until i wrecked it against a tree....
            and am ordering a stage 3 kit with a 10 lb fly wheel for 260 for the CB cant get no better than that....

i'm an ebay addict so dont take my word for it just everyone else who has never ordered off of ebay or maybe just once or twice
            DELTA CAM GROUP BUY
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSbCQuhAnNcla gringa pt.1
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMz-F2saG_ola gringa pt.2

Comment

if i didn't need a fly wheel also for my swap, i wouldn't have bought this Exedy clutch kit with flywheel from Gripforce on Ebay. i only paid like 240 something with shipping.

Everyone seems to say that Daikon( that's who makes them for Exedy appearently) makes clutches for Honda.

Comment

i found an kit stage 2 kit from etx for 145 shipped didn't know if they were dependable or not. just didn't wanna buy some crap. thanx

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX View Post
                  Here is one from T.A.S. Auto Parts. Here is the link to the page.

Any questions you could PM him since he is a member.

http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Brows...z=10&h=175&p=1

$139.95 + shipping
                  didnt see the tool. what is that extra ,

Comment

i found an kit stage 2 kit from etx for 145 shipped didn't know if they were dependable or not. just didn't wanna buy some crap. thanx
                    I never heard of it, but a "stage 2" for that price HAS to be crap.

If you want to stay cheap, get an Exedy OEM replacement. It'll hold up better than any cheap-crap "stage 2"... and you really REALLY don't need anything better than stock. Especially if you still have an F22A.

Comment

Most sellers on ebay with they're false "hook the customers in" information are not real. I defected to TASauto because they sell fantastic item like Mr.Deev said. No cheapt cheapy bullcrap right there.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by MclovinRR View Post
                        never had a problem with ebay kits..... had one in my 86 gti never failed on me n didnt go out and i drove that thing hard as hell
                        installed a stage 2 in my 96 ek.... never failed on me either... until i wrecked it against a tree....
                        and am ordering a stage 3 kit with a 10 lb fly wheel for 260 for the CB cant get no better than that....

i'm an ebay addict so dont take my word for it just everyone else who has never ordered off of ebay or maybe just once or twice
                        same here. im getting the stage 1 kit with the 8.5 flywheel for like 230. and im actually ordering it this weekend
                        My cb7

h22a
                        5-spd lsd
                        Lord, grant me the serenity
                        to accept the things I cannot change,
                        the courage to change the things I can,
                        and the wisdom to hide the bodies
                        of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                          I never heard of it, but a "stage 2" for that price HAS to be crap.

If you want to stay cheap, get an Exedy OEM replacement. It'll hold up better than any cheap-crap "stage 2"... and you really REALLY don't need anything better than stock. Especially if you still have an F22A.
                          i up graded to an h22 tranny , i dont know the deff betwen the 2 i heard the h had shorter gears heres the kit i found
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...=p4506.c0.m245

but its crap ill go with an oem one then

Comment

didnt see the tool. what is that extra ,
                            Clutch kits usually come with the tool. Like I said though, you can PM him if you would like to know if it is included with the kit.

EDIT: Screen Name is tasauto.com
                            3 CB's gone....
                            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

i up graded to an h22 tranny , i dont know the deff betwen the 2 i heard the h had shorter gears heres the kit i found
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...=p4506.c0.m245

but its crap ill go with an oem one then
                              Yeah, if all you have is the F22A and an H22 trans, you don't need anything fancy. It'll actually wear out faster and make the car less drivable if you get something beefier anyway. I have an H22 with minor bolt-ons and a tune, and I'm still going to get an Exedy clutch when the time comes. I got an ebay cheapie 3 years ago, and I regret it. It was garbage.

Comment

Working...
                              X