Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

? Die Cast 1/18th CB7's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? Die Cast 1/18th CB7's ?

I'm a huge fan of 1/18th die cast model cars and I have quite a large collection built up between me and my father. We've been collecting these cars for years and recently I started looking around for a 1992 Accord but I haven't come up with any results after a few multiple hour searches. Has anyone found or owned any CB7 1/18th model?

I think there was a really old hot wheels deal but nothing that big.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
      I think there was a really old hot wheels deal but nothing that big.
      Really? Honestly to find one in any size would be surprising.

Comment

if you get one id like to see a picture of it. sounds like quite the collectors item.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

Originally posted by Pazzword JDM View Post
          if you get one id like to see a picture of it. sounds like quite the collectors item.
          Will do. And yes, it does sound like a rare collectors item, especially for us CB7 owners. I hope to god I can find one in seattle silver.

Comment

There is not one in 1/18 at all. Trust me, been looking for a long time. Started collecting in the last 90s. There are a few threads about 1/18 mentioning our cars as well on the forum. Only accord I've seen is the one Motormax put out, in 'tuner' form but it's a 7th gen coupe.

Comment

There was a 5th gen die cast model... but that was it. There are no CBs in that size that I'm aware of. This has been discussed since the earliest days of this site... and nobody has ever found one

I once found a site that would design any car you want... but it would cost about $100. I've considered it. I wonder if we could get a group buy going. (Actually... that's not a bad idea!)

How much would you guys pay? Maybe we can make it happen.

Hell, we already have a guy that's done 3d modeling of a CB7. His work is pretty accurate. I bet that could be plugged into whatever machine would make the die...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                There was a 5th gen die cast model... but that was it. There are no CBs in that size that I'm aware of. This has been discussed since the earliest days of this site... and nobody has ever found one

I once found a site that would design any car you want... but it would cost about $100. I've considered it. I wonder if we could get a group buy going. (Actually... that's not a bad idea!)

How much would you guys pay? Maybe we can make it happen.

Hell, we already have a guy that's done 3d modeling of a CB7. His work is pretty accurate. I bet that could be plugged into whatever machine would make the die...
                $100 for a custom made die cast model is actually pretty cheap. A lot of the auto art cars go for more than that. I'd be in for a group buy if the price could be dropped down from $100.

Comment

Could someone make a 3D model, and then have that rendering CNC machined? Then that could be used to make a mold...

Comment

i have seen a cb7 model car once.

it was about 10 or so years ago at a Nopi show.

an asian man was selling model cars from japan. the box had japanese writting on it with a piture of a cb7.

the cost was $20.

i had spent all my money at the show, so i couldn't buy it. i asked my friend for a loan, but he said he didn't have it.

a cb7 model did exsit. i just wish i could have gotten it. later.
                    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Was it a plastic "glue it together" model, or a die cast "hotwheels" style?

I want the hotwheels style!

I keep looking for custom diecast car companies, but I can't tell if the ones I'm finding will make the die, or just paint a random car for you (lots of them do Nascar paintjobs on little Nascar replicas)

Comment

I'd be happy to see it in a plastic put together or die cast form. Honestly to find any form of CB7 model would be epic.

Comment

yeah it ws a plastic glue together, i know he meant die cast aluminum cars though.

i'd rather have the kind you assemble because of how detailed you can get with it. later.
                          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Very true. I'd like either, really. Both...

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                              yeah it ws a plastic glue together, i know he meant die cast aluminum cars though.

i'd rather have the kind you assemble because of how detailed you can get with it. later.
                              Yeah, the plastic ones are nice because they're easier to modify and make them look like your own car.

BTW does anyone have CB7 blueprints? I've been looking for some forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X