Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Movies in sigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies in sigs

Is it just me, or are these movies in sigs slowing down cb7tuner.com for anyone else?

They are cool, but I am really getting tired of how much the website lags whenever someone's post has a sig with a movie. Ugh. Sorry, I just had to vent about this.

they are called (GiF)'s.

Comment

I don't notice any lag from it, if you're using an older computer..turn off page styles.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
      I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

ur cumputor= maximum suck fail.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

A gif has one of the smallest file sizes although most the sigs are jpg otherwise there would be hardly any color or clarity when using gif, man what kind of connection you using cause those sigs are small even the higher quality ones. You using your phone or something?

Comment

Originally posted by starchland View Post
            ur cumputor= maximum suck fail.
            lmao FTW
            Out of a job yet? Keep encouraging people to buy American. 500 of the biggest, most profitable American companies make more than half of their profits overseas! You Jackass!

Comment

it might just be your computer, cause this site is one of the fastest for me

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

since the pics are not hosted on the server that the site is on they do not affect it.

However, it will take longer for YOU to load if your pc is old. Simple fix is to turn pic loading off. If it is still slow then you have other issues.
                ____

Comment

My computer is perfectly fine and fast, except whenever someone posts animated sigs. It doesn't matter if they aren't on the website's server. That has nothing to do with it.

Comment

then i would look at your web browser, your flash add ons, updates, your connection speed, and if you have any spyware present.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by gcvphoto View Post
                      My computer is perfectly fine and fast, except whenever someone posts animated sigs. It doesn't matter if they aren't on the website's server. That has nothing to do with it.
                      If they are hosted on deev's server then you turning off pic loading won't matter. Since they are not, you turning off pic loading will help.

You prolly have something on your pc or you have a slow connection. When I'm at home I turn pic loading off sometimes.

Now when I had dial up I HAD to turn it off. I currently use verizon wireless usb modem and pics don't effect me much. But they can.

Turn off pic loading, scan for viruses...it isn't on the web sites end it's on your end.
                      ____

Comment

...if I had a pc. And it only does it with animated sigs. Photographs and videos don't cause anything on my computer to lag. No viruses... I don't have a pc. And whether or not they are on the server still does not matter. And I am not going to turn off pic loading. I find that beyond pointless for me. Sorry.

I don't think I am imagining this. Out of every website I visit, out of every picture and video I see, the only thing that causes my computer to lag is animated sigs.

Comment

Originally posted by gcvphoto View Post
                          ...if I had a pc. And it only does it with animated sigs. Photographs and videos don't cause anything on my computer to lag. No viruses... I don't have a pc. And whether or not they are on the server still does not matter. And I am not going to turn off pic loading. I find that beyond pointless for me. Sorry.

I don't think I am imagining this. Out of every website I visit, out of every picture and video I see, the only thing that causes my computer to lag is animated sigs.
                          so what are you using then your phone?

If your going to reply back that you use a mac then I will reply don't be an ass when folks refer to it as a pc...it's a figure of speech...and yes...there are LOTS AND LOTS of viruses for macs...they aren't immune...old thinking.

sorry...it's still on your end
                          ____

Comment

done. bye.

ps. doesn't matter whether it is a mac or a pc. considering it does the same thing on the computers at my school; which are of a variety of computers. therefore, your point of it being on my end... still not it.
                            Last edited by gcvphoto; 12-12-2009, 04:19 AM.

Comment

____

Comment

Working...
                              X