Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

a good exhaust sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a good exhaust sound?

whats a good exhaust that doesnt sound like shit

Meisterschaft is personally my favorite manufacturer.

But then theres always custom wastegates out that sound delicious.

Comment

Research. There are many youtube videos with different exhaust setups.
      Dont buy 50$ ebay cheap shit.
      Magnaflow
      Apexi
      Greedy
      Flowmaster(?)
      I dunno man, there are soo many different kinds. $500+ will get you far.

Comment

Apexi WS2 or magnaflow.
        cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

Originally posted by DariuszZ View Post
          Research. There are many youtube videos with different exhaust setups.
          Dont buy 50$ ebay cheap shit.
          Magnaflow
          Apexi
          Greedy
          Flowmaster(?)
          I dunno man, there are soo many different kinds. $500+ will get you far.
          greedy? lol greddy
          cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

the muffler shop gave me an estament on a performance exhaust system for $250, but i don't know what brand they would use. 250 for parts and installation doesn't sound bad though

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_07 View Post
              greedy? lol greddy
              yeah. my bad. didnt notice that my browser automatically changed from Greddy to Greedy :P

Comment

Originally posted by crazyychriss123 View Post
                the muffler shop gave me an estament on a performance exhaust system for $250, but i don't know what brand they would use. 250 for parts and installation doesn't sound bad though
                That's actually a pretty fair price, depending on what it includes.
                Make sure it's not crush bent, have them add a nice resonator, and ask them what brand muffler will be at the end.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Not bad at all..WS2 is a great axel back.

Comment

IMHO, a Remus exhaust on our cars has the best sound I've ever heard on an Accord.
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by crazyychriss123 View Post
                      whats a good exhaust that doesnt sound like shit
                      I was lucky when i went to do my Exhaust ...my bro has been working on exhausts for about 5-6 years now and he knows how to make a honda sound good as most hondas have that horrible tinny sound. mine sounds deep keeping in mind that i didnt do a full replacement all he did was remove the cat and factory muffler and added about a 2/14 inc piping a Super Turbo muffler and a 3 inc tip.

REMEMBER your car does not sound how it does from inside the car. always get someone else to start the car and rev it while you stand at the back so you know what it sounds like properly

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
                      — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

what's not a good exhaust sound? a fart or a weed whacker.

The Blue Bomber

Comment

Originally posted by blu35p4rr0w View Post
                          what's not a good exhaust sound? a fart or a weed whacker.
                          ya i found so many of those on youtube. they sound horrible, also i read on the forums earlier that you can get pulled over for the exhaust being too loud? i'll have to research more on that. probably just like your speakers being to loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Madpol View Post
                            REMEMBER your car does not sound how it does from inside the car. always get someone else to start the car and rev it while you stand at the back so you know what it sounds like properly
                            i second that!
                            My apexi dunk muffler was deep/ loud in the car, outside the car super low/quiet, even on the higher rpms

make sure you always have a true cat, no test pipe, or gutted cat, it will sound like crap
                            _

Comment

do you guys have to have a cat in the states?

in NZ its not law yet so we can remove it totally and replace it with a straight pipe.
                              yeah DONOT gut the cat and leave it in it will make your car sound like real crap...i tryed it once on one of my past vehicles and yeah it was bad lol.

there is cheep ways to do things and then there is nasty ways...you can still do things on the cheep but make sure its the proper job other wise you could end up spending more money in the end to fix the problem

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
                              — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X