Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Roof Racks... what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roof Racks... what do you think?

Seems roof racks are almost a "fad" right now, what is everyone's two sense. OEM... Yakima... how do these mount on my car as well. Drill holes?
    Current
    1992 Accord EX 5-speed Sedan
    Rosewood Brown
    1992 Accord EX 5-Speed Sedan
    Arcadia Green

Previous
    Bordeaux
    1993 Accord LX 5-Speed Sedan
    Bordeaux

They clamp on to the edge right above the window and have little pads that keep the roof scratch free
    MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196248

Comment

I still need to get my bike attachments for my Thule one, I don't drive around with mine on because it does mess up your paint if you have it on for prolong use.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

I just removed my Thule rack for a temporary change of pace (it will go back on soon)....but regardless of what 1 or 2 people say (fad, WHY do it?, etc) I have friends and other tuners tell me alllllllll the freakin time to let them know if I ever sell it. I prefer the aftermarket, Thule or Yakima and I like the Thule a little better for looks.

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

I only have one because I use it. When I don't need it, I take it off.
          I have a yakima rack. I have at least 6-700$ tied up in it.

No pics pics of stuff on the wagon yet.....
          Originally posted by deevergote
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
            I only have one because I use it. When I don't need it, I take it off.
            Thats because u keep it real. But I know damn well most of these cats that rock racks don't ride bikes or nothing like that. And if they say they do they're lying. I'm not saying all but most. Altleast u got some pics with the bikes and shit on it.

Comment

Comment

If I was to just find one for sale on the street, what should i anticipate paying for one? i need one for my bike because i have my trunk tied up with stuff for my stereo, and right now i have to take it out and fold down the seat to get my bike anywhere.
                Current
                1992 Accord EX 5-speed Sedan
                Rosewood Brown
                Arcadia Green

Previous
                Bordeaux
                1993 Accord LX 5-Speed Sedan
                Bordeaux

Comment

I'd say $2-300 for a quality used one.

Go to Thule or Yakima's website to see what you need for parts. 48", q-towers, q-clips, bike attachment, ETC.

Then check around on craigslist for those parts. The "Q-Clips" (for Yakima's) are easily changed to make it fit your car.
                  These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

they only look good if your car is super clean and slammed like this and if you actually use it other than that its kind of a trend but indeed a good trend
                    Last edited by 93blackcb7; 07-02-2011, 08:17 PM.

Comment

I want roof racks, I dont know why they cost so much tho.
                      Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                      93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
                        I want roof racks, I dont know why they cost so much tho.
                        I wouldn't want to trust $3000 worth of bikes to a $100 rack.

Comment

Ill be honest, most of my desire for a roof rack was for looks, I have used it once to carry a ladder and I do plan on getting a bike soon so it will be used but Im not ashamed of the fact that "looks" was my primary focus....no different then any other mod or accessory we purchase just for looks.

I have about $125 tied up in my Thule and I would just about strap anything to it, once its installed it takes a good bit of force to move it any, much more force then wind resistance on a bike would create.

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

To all the people calling it a "fad" its not so much a fad as a staple. Subaru's,vw's,and audi's have been doing the OEM+ style for years now and in the past 2-3 years it has moved over into hondas. Thats why so many of you guys still dont understand it.

Its all about looking clean, with OEM or seemingly OEM parts. Thule roof racks come as dealer options on most of the cars i mentioned above and thats where this "fad" started.

Point blank, roof racks look good. So people are gonna put them on their car regardless if its for functionality or style. If only all the cb7's i see driving around would trade in the ricey mufflers and big ass spoilers for roof racks, cb7's wouldnt have such a bad name.

Comment

Working...
                            X