Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New guy checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy checking in

Whats up guys, been lurking around here for the last week or so and figured it was about time to post something LOL. Anyway I'm Cody, 27 years old, live in Spokane Wa and just got my first CB. Its a 1990 with 252000 miles on it but it seems to run well, the body is pretty rough, with some rust behind the rear wheels and small dents/dings all over...oh and the clear coat is peeling BAD. It is a 5 speed and the interior is in pretty good shape so thats a plus. At any rate the plans for the car include, Sickspeed seats (Which I already have), coilovers (prob. Megan Racing), some fairly "stancy" wheels, flat OD green paint, carbon fiber hood and trunk, full engine rebuild next winter and god only knows how much other stuff.
    I will try to grab some pics tomorrow and get them up here. If you are local and wanna grab a beer or wrench on some cars get hit me up!

welcome aboard my friend!!!

keep us posted on your build!!!
    RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

Originally posted by jewelproject View Post
      welcome aboard my friend!!!

keep us posted on your build!!!
      Welcome brother. Fix the cancer asap ! Otherwise give us some pics.

Comment

I will be documenting the build in a lot of detail. As far as the cancer goes, I will be taking car of that once they stop putting de-icer out here in a couple months, the patch panels to fix it should be real easy to make and install. I could use some advice on wheels, I would like to get either 16" or 17" wheels. I was leaning towards some 7-8" wide wheels with offsets around 15-25, from what I have seen that would put the edge of the wheel really close to the fender lip which will be fine as I am going to be doing a full roll on all 4 fenders

Comment

well your in luck!!!

this place has all types of answers to your questions!!!

but first do some searching around.

they hate spoon feeding around these parts of the woods.
          RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

Oh yeah I have been abusing that poor search button, wheel stuff is always tough as people have different ideas of how wheels should fit.

Comment

Well, I have been searching my ass off and have got some plans for the car.
              F&F Coilovers and rear LCA's
              XXR 521 wheels in 16x8 +20 in flat black
              Short throw shifter with a shifter extension.
              Need to get my seat in, thinking I am just going to do the drivers side so my daughter can still get in the car
              Need to get a new hood as the stock one is pretty beat
              And there are a few other minor fixes that need to be done...
              What a list, I have my work cut out for me in the next few months

Comment

Sounds like you're going to have a very tasteful build.

Comment

Planning on keeping it pretty basic. The car is going to be my DD for the next few years while I build something else so I am just going to make it look a little better and keep it running well.

Comment

Working...
                  X