Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ditching the DD CB7 for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditching the DD CB7 for...

I'm still looking, I've come top a point in my life where I can afford more than just the 90s accord, BUT hey since I been here i'm definitely keeping my CB for the "project car". It will allow me to do things to the accord that I wouldn't normally be able to do,having my car off the road for more then a night or so..

I'm still a Accord kinda guy so it's hard to think of what I want I literally had to make a list of all the cars that exist and mark off ones i wouldn't take lol,, to get a full search. so my top five no particular order
    1. rx8
    2. 06+ civic si (rsx type-s i got denied insurance cause of my driving record)
    3. tsx
    4. scion tc
    5. newer accord coupe??

keep in mind im looking for a manual only, under 100k miles, IMPORT, ive been looking at this 05 Shinka RX-8 i really like its some special edition (I never heard of shinka either but its fucking sweet) 61k miles, 6sp,d leather, fully loaded. its advertised @ 12,9. I wantto get it hopefullly no flaming on the little 1.3L mazda up in here,, ill tell you this!!! test drive one.

What do you guys think, what did you ditch your cb for? What cars am I missing honestly it's hard with any car to please me morethen the accord so Its gotta be something good..

tsx or a newer accord coupe, both look really slick, and they both run pretty good. civics are ok, but very overplayed.

Comment

do you like Acura CL's?

Comment

Originally posted by S.W.A.T View Post
        do you like Acura CL's?

haah I do like the picture (making me second think those..) but i remember originally marking that one off (ive seen the cl type-s's around for pretty cheap with the j32) idk i don't like the way the back looks.. Also finding one in manual?? I dont think ive ever seen one. but the bodystyle in the vid, they nice especially what you can get them to look like

Comment

This is what C91BLX72 posted on Most exotic cars for $15,000?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/2891219510.html

2003 CLS-6

6MT only available in 2003, only 3,511 ever produced.

260hp, 6speed manual with LSD, 7" wide rims. With the money left over, way easy to get it over 300hp( A simple I/H/E). Shares the same interior (besides much sporty seats) with my TL, so its a nice place to be.

I'd be happy with that, rare, sporty, as reliable as a wood burning stove

Has a 6 speed Manual!

Comment

Originally posted by S.W.A.T View Post
            This is what C91BLX72 posted on Most exotic cars for $15,000?

Has a 6 speed Manual!

I swear if that was anywhere in Florida I would be going to look at it. I'm gonna do a search for manual around me see if any pop up..

Comment

The newer not the newest bodystyle TL's are still holding their value well all like 15k still for a nice one. too much for me.

Comment

TSX all day long.

Comment

The RX-8 is a fantastic car, but it will give you terrible fuel efficiency - guaranteed. Be sure to consider that.

I spent 2 months looking for a TSX 6-speed back in 2010, and I ended up finding a 90,000-mile, mint condition 2005 6MT with NAVI. The dealer wanted $16,000, but I bargained it down to $12,250. Just two weeks ago, I made a similar bargain for my cousin. We found a 2007 TSX (auto) with NAVI, 112,000 miles, in well-used condition. We settled on $12,100.

The car is extremely fun to drive, especially in 6MT guise. I have managed as high as 36mpg, and the audio system is concert-worthy. If you get a TSX, try to go for a 2006-2008 model. They came with fog lamps, a modest power increase, an AUX port, a better integrated trip computer (in the gauge cluster), and the NAVI-equipped models had an updated navigation system with Bluetooth connectivity.

If your insurance denied you the RSX, I guarantee they will deny you the Civic Si. The only permissible cars on your list are the TSX and Accord, both of which will be excellent purchases.
                  Last edited by Nurega; 03-09-2012, 10:34 PM.
                  Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                  2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                  2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

^^This^^

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
                    sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
                    bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

If you're being denied insurance on a 4-cylinder compact car then you may want to reconsider buying a car at this point. Get a year or two of safe driving under your belt and get what you really want.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
                        The RX-8 is a fantastic car, but it will give you terrible fuel efficiency - guaranteed. Be sure to consider that.

I spent 2 months looking for a TSX 6-speed back in 2010, and I ended up finding a 90,000-mile, mint condition 2005 6MT with NAVI. The dealer wanted $16,000, but I bargained it down to $12,250. Just two weeks ago, I made a similar bargain for my cousin. We found a 2007 TSX (auto) with NAVI, 112,000 miles, in well-used condition. We settled on $12,100.

The car is extremely fun to drive, especially in 6MT guise. I have managed as high as 36mpg, and the audio system is concert-worthy. If you get a TSX, try to go for a 2006-2008 model. They came with fog lamps, a modest power increase, an AUX port, a better integrated trip computer (in the gauge cluster), and the NAVI-equipped models had an updated navigation system with Bluetooth connectivity.

If your insurance denied you the RSX, I guarantee they will deny you the Civic Si. The only permissible cars on your list are the TSX and Accord, both of which will be excellent purchases.
                        TSX to me is by-far the sexiest car it was my first pick coming into this, only could find one was a 04 6MT w/ 197k, um no. also test drove an 08 (auto) it was right around 12. What turned me off to them: 1. i realized how slow they were 2. auto is only good ones i could find.

oh and I can't find any si's for under 15 so gonna not go with that (plus im sure some of you have heard of the 3rd gear recall on those id be pissed if my third started going out just like the problem i already have...)

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post

Yes I know they suck gas. but look at it everybody I cant imagine going from cb7 torque steer to rx8 goodness.. lolhttp://www.auctiondirectusa.com/preo..._coupe_4d.html i'd probably only be driving it to work and back 10 miles one way. and of course for pleasure but of course that dips into the pocket..

Comment

I got me a 08 accord coupe 4cyl with a 5spd and I love it.

all i've really done to it was an intake.
                            Freedom Is Not Free
                            U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

How can you not get an RSX-S, but you can get an RX-8?

Comment

Working...
                              X