Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what do you hate about our cb7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thedatazoo View Post
    I hate how something on it breaks every week and every time i go to buy the parts its big $$$, and no cup holders BS!

Think of it this way:

1) You only fork out when something breaks. Some weeks you can go without a single cent being spent

2) Sure that part costs $$$ but it has quality and will last another 15 to 20 yrs

3) You can see what you spent your $$$ on. Unlike paying off a newer car loan (that requires full comprehensive insurance) where repayments (money out) is larger and more consistent (than repairs).

4) You can decide when to fork out to fix it or delay it. Unlike loan repayments and intrests which doesnt give flexibility. NO choice but to pay or have you new car reposessed.

Owning a Honda saves you money (compared to its competitors) but its not free
    Rides:

Accord
    92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
    88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
    95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
    91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

1) You only fork out when something breaks. Some weeks you can go without a single cent being spent My car has had something break every week XD no joke i have receipts from every week where some things gone wrong

2) Sure that part costs $$$ but it has quality and will last another 15 to 20 yrs<-- rofl ummm you wouldnt say that on my car

3) You can see what you spent your $$$ on. Unlike paying off a newer car loan (that requires full comprehensive insurance) where repayments (money out) is larger and more consistent (than repairs). I do pay full comp they wont give me 3rd party >.>

4) You can decide when to fork out to fix it or delay it. Unlike loan repayments and intrests which doesnt give flexibility. NO choice but to pay or have you new car reposessed. Rofl for me no it needs to be drivable because of where it has to be parked :P

Owning a Honda COSTS you money (compared to its competitors)
      Last edited by Jarrett; 03-16-2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

My Hondas have been the most reliable and cheapest vehicles to own, out of the 30+ vehicles I've owned. This is why I keep buying them.

But on the things I hate note;

I love how we can buy them cheap....but that also means our resale is crap.

Comment

Wish mine had 6x9.
          Thank God mine has not giving me too much trouble.
          The key thing is because i dont treat it like shit.
          Thats why i have owned it since 97. Still running stong.

Comment

So put 6x9s in it? (US) LX/EX/SE's all have 6x9s.

I put SE 6x9 pods in my DX.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
              So put 6x9s in it? (US) LX/EX/SE's all have 6x9s.

I put SE 6x9 pods in my DX.
              My LX didn't have them....
              Originally posted by Mishakol129
              Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

DX/LX dont have 6x9s then? Thought it was just a base model thing.

Anyways, it's simple enough to find the same colour pods from a higher trim car and bolt them in.

Comment

DX/LX dont have 6x9s then? Thought it was just a base model thing.

Anyways, it's simple enough to find the same colour pods from a higher trim car and bolt them in.
                  I might have a weird LX, several people claim their LX's have 6 1/2's in the doors, mine are 5 1/4's.... So who knows.
                  Originally posted by Mishakol129
                  Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

i hate the fact that between my main relay, my altornator then battery, and now my ignigtor, ive learned to plan my stops wisely so i know either not to turn the car off, or make time so i can start the car to get to work on time

Comment

I have a DX coupe which had 6.5s in the doors and 6.5" rear speakers.

My SE and EX-R sedans both had 4" door speakers and 6x9 rears.

Comment

I have a DX coupe which had 6.5s in the doors and 6.5" rear speakers.

My SE and EX-R sedans both had 4" door speakers and 6x9 rears.
                        Same with my 93 ex-r. 4"s in the front doors which kept cutting out when it rained out so I replaced them with 5 1/4"s with baffles and a spacer. Soo much better sound

Comment

I hate how I try and hook up my car, and thieves like last night. Steal things. My rear visor.
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I have, as my signature indicates, a coupe and a wagon. I hate how both have something going on all the time. A window regulator or the shift won't work unless a key to release it is used. How a bulb goes out without warning. Some engine parts you have to completely do a job of removing working parts to get to the broken part hoping you didn't make the good part go bad. Got an axle fixed and a month later the main bearing goes...Now I have the dash needle lights out on the wagon. Vss and sport light flashing on coupe. AC on coupe is dead. Tint on wagon needs to be replaced and coupe needs tint. What purpose does 14" tires serve! Used cars will do this..so why do we keep them? Because they do continue to look good,keep running despite band-aids, and the insurance is a bit cheaper. Most of all, I don't have the $ to plop down and payments to make for a new one...nor do I like any new Hondas.
                            Last edited by SilverShadow; 03-30-2012, 12:55 PM.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                            New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                            My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

-The chrome trim
                              -The missing window guide
                              -The front motor mount
                              -The cv axels

Comment

A lot of people are missing the original point of this thread. This is not to discuss things wrong with your car necessarily, but to whine about common problems that many of us seem to be afflicted with.

I cannot say that I hate how "it" doesn't have an engine because most people on the board have an engine in their car. However, I can say that I am frustrated by the rust in the quarter panels. Most everyone here has that.
                                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                                X