Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

TDI cb7???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDI cb7???

Im a huge diesel fan so I have to ask. Has anyone ever seen or heard of some one making a cb7 turbo diesel powered?

I just googled it and i guess it is in Europe or something but there is an N series engine that has 4 cylinders and powered by diesel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_N_engine

In the six years that i have posted here, never have i heard anyone adapting a diesel engine to our chassis.

Comment

it would definitely take some work to convert it to diesel but would be cool to see some drop a tdi engine into a cb 7 and mood the heck out of it.

Comment

yeah that would be pretty cool.

Comment

honda has an engine in japan that is a diesel and it also has "V tec" they call it D tec tho, i too have thought of making a turbo diesel cb... i want to roll coal and crack tec at the same time... lol

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

The N series comes up occasionally, but nobody has ever gotten their hands on one in this community.
            As for other diesels... VW, Benz, etc... nobody has tried to my knowledge. It'd be cool, but for the work it would require, the benefits would be minimal. Bragging rights only.

Comment

Deev isn't that what its all about???bragging rights.... No matter what they say, when you get a bunch of guys together its always about ego and bragging rights ain't it...

Comment

It was brought up here before like deev was saying no one has done it. And that is the N22 engine. I read that it is too tall to fit into a CB but I will find the thread for you guys so you can read up on it.
                The CB7 Collector.
                Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                92 EX Sedan F22A1
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

.....why?

Comment

Originally posted by Nyne521 View Post
                    honda has an engine in japan that is a diesel and it also has "V tec" they call it D tec tho, i too have thought of making a turbo diesel cb... i want to roll coal and crack tec at the same time... lol
                    The DTEC motor I know of is Daewoo based and lives in Chevrolet Optras.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                      .....why?
                      Just like the J series and most K series. Won't fit without severe modification.
                      The CB7 Collector.
                      92 LX Coupe F22A1
                      2013 Toyota Corolla S
                      92 EX Sedan F22A1
                      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                        Just like the J series and most K series. Won't fit without severe modification.
                        I was asking why at the point of converting a CB to a diesel.

Diesels belong in HD trucks, commercial vehicles and trains.

Comment

And just because it is a 2.2 litre engine doesn't mean it will automaticly fit. 2.2 litres of displacement not engine size.
                          The CB7 Collector.
                          92 LX Coupe F22A1
                          2013 Toyota Corolla S
                          92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

Why.....just because man. Why would some crazy ass try to push 400 HP out of a 2.2l 4 Honda? When you can buy a big ass 454. JUST BECAUSE HE CAN.lol

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                              I was asking why at the point of converting a CB to a diesel.

Diesels belong in HD trucks, commercial vehicles and trains.
                              VW, Volvo, and Benz have small diesel engines that run great and are economical. Not to mention they handle power differently than a standard petrol vehicle does. I can see why one would to swap to the N22. Not only that they can make power like crazy!!!
                              The CB7 Collector.
                              92 LX Coupe F22A1
                              2013 Toyota Corolla S
                              92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

Working...
                              X