Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

To those with Small Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To those with Small Dogs

I have a mini dapple. 9 months old, was shittin regulary for a while.. went on vacation for 4 days, he ate there, but only p'd.. came home, ate. Pooped... that was 3 days ago. He hasn't shitted since. My vet will charge me 64 bucks just to look and feel him up.. then she started talkin xrays and blood work to find out y he hsnt pooped. All I heard was dollar signs going up in my head. I kno dogs can't have choc, but can't I give him a small dosage of liquid laxative? He keeps peeing only. He seems normal, regular happy dog, but I want him 2 take a number2 already!

Any idea's?
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Don't give a dog a laxative. Especially if you don't know how it will affect him.
    Give him lots of water, give him a chance to eat grass if he wants, and maybe take him for a long walk. Get him to run if you can. When my mom wants her dog to shit, she sends her out with me. I run around the block, and the dog drops a nice stinky deuce as soon as we get back.

If you are concerned, take your dog to the vet. It costs, yes... but constipation can kill a dog. If your dog dies in your arms, you'll wish you shelled out that $64.
    My friend had a lab that literally died in his arms on the way to the vet. He didn't realize constipation was such a big deal. The poor animal died because something inside ruptured because she was so backed up.

Comment

Cook some rice and hamburger, then mix in some of that pumpkin mix. We had to do this with our 13 year old chiweenie, she wouldn't go #2 so we took her to the vet and they told us to try that out. It worked for her so maybe it will for your dog.
      1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
      2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

yeah i would recommend what deev says, my female husky doesnt poop all day if shes at home all day doing nothing maybe 1 poop. but if i walk her at least 6 blocks forth and back she poops 4 times!! and pees like 8 !!!!

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
        My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

my method is hit the crap out of him they learn faster like that lol anyways was never a big fan of small dogs

Comment

I'm not hittin my dog. Its 9months old man. He's a lil guy. This dog chews on small ice all dam day. There's plenty of liquid in his body. His pisses all the time, runs around all the time. Jumps from here to where ever he has 2 go. He has lots of energy.

Is that pumpkin mix from a can u used?

Comment

Originally posted by jdmkilla26 View Post
              my method is hit the crap out of him they learn faster like that lol anyways was never a big fan of small dogs
              If I ever meet you in person, please do not tell me what your screen name is on this site. I'd rather not go to jail for breaking you in half.
              I despise people that abuse animals.

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
              I'm not hittin my dog. Its 9months old man. He's a lil guy. This dog chews on small ice all dam day. There's plenty of liquid in his body. His pisses all the time, runs around all the time. Jumps from here to where ever he has 2 go. He has lots of energy.

I'd call your vet and ask about the pumpkin mix before you give it to him. With luck, they'll tell you if it's a good idea or not over the phone, and they won't charge. That's the good thing about vets... they actually DO love animals, most of them, and they're happy to take a minute to give advice.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                If I ever meet you in person, please do not tell me what your screen name is on this site. I'd rather not go to jail for breaking you in half.
                I despise people that abuse animals.

I'd call your vet and ask about the pumpkin mix before you give it to him. With luck, they'll tell you if it's a good idea or not over the phone, and they won't charge. That's the good thing about vets... they actually DO love animals, most of them, and they're happy to take a minute to give advice.
                lmfao lmfao jaja when r u guys having a meeting that ur going to b in???? i would love to introduce myself to u!!

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post

lol i know bro u have to be more careful with lil dogs my on the other hand i got a pitbull with a big head no brains lol

Comment

Oh, ok. As long as you're only abusing a pit bull...
                    I'll be sure to report you to animal welfare if I can manage to figure out where you live. If you hit your dog, you don't deserve to have a dog.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Oh, ok. As long as you're only abusing a pit bull...
                      I'll be sure to report you to animal welfare if I can manage to figure out where you live. If you hit your dog, you don't deserve to have a dog.
                      lol r u a sitch???? not good!

Comment

I'm not sure what a "sitch" is...
                        But if I can see to it that your animal is removed from your "care" and placed in a home where he doesn't get beat, I certainly will.

Comment

we should have the animal section back.

But anyways, few weeks ago he was stung by a bee. My poor baby. I hopped in the cb7, and gunned it to the vet, all they told me 2 do was give him baby benadryl so he won't react to the sting.

So I'm thinkin y not give him a baby lax.

My dog is clean.. we take pride in having a pure mini dapple, anyways I checked his butt for poo around his hole, or stuck hair, anything to prevent him from crapping.. he's all good there.

Kust nor crapping. If I can find a home remody instead of a vet ill do try it. But push come 2 shove ill go 2 the vet. I already called them once. 2nd time they closed. I was gonna ask about the pumpkin stuff.

I even gave him milk at one time. Idk maybe that was bad to do.

Comment

ooih sorry typing on a ps3 sucks i meant snitch

Comment

When my dog is constipated, he's swollen back there, and he's constantly licking it.
                              Milk shouldn't be an issue, but it could be. Like humans, dogs can react negatively to lactose. It'd usually be in the form of diarrhea though.

Benadryl and laxatives are two very different medicines. Just because both are fine for a baby human doesn't mean they're fine for a small dog. Don't risk it without input from the vet. If your dog is showing no signs of discomfort, it's safer to wait until they open tomorrow than it is to risk it now. Or you could find a 24 hour emergency vet and try calling them.

What kind of food do you feed him? What did you feed him on vacation? Stay away from any food that lists corn or corn meal as an ingredient (which is a LOT of them!) Like people, dogs don't digest corn completely. In a small dog especially, food containing corn and corn meal can cause constipation very easily.
                              I feed my dog Purina One. Not terribly expensive, and he's had no problems since.

dogkilla26, just go away. You aren't wanted here.

Comment

Working...
                              X