Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help Stop High Gas Prices ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JusTy13oi

heard of the corn gas or whatever?...its crap
    it takes more energy to make it than it can put out
    fact.
    False now.
    Local company turned the corner on that last year.
    You guys got any corn down there?

Actually, they don't need corn per se. Just waste cellulose, the non-food portion of plants. Pure genius.
    Iogen web link
    Last edited by SteveB; 04-17-2006, 05:52 PM.
    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
      Albeit for allllll the profit they are making I don't get them not making another refinery.
      Environmental laws make that frighteningly expensive, even for Big Oil.
      2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
      Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
      1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

I think switching to alternative fuels faster would be the smartest thing to do. It would be rather easy to convert a vehicle from gasoline to something like corn oil. Also, corn could be grown at any time during the year in greenhouses. Farmers would profit, and our dependence on foreign oil would decrease, therefore lowering the price of our gasoline. I don't know how much of a loss a car would take in the hp/tq department by switching to the corn stuff. Just my opinion.

One more thing...oil companies are charging more per barrel because it's harder to refine gasoline these days...I don't know how it's "harder" to refine oil into gasoline now than it was, say, ten years ago. Just a thought.
        Last edited by f22a4bandit; 04-17-2006, 06:12 PM.
        Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Well guys, i have since stopped my efforts in spreading this word ( lol pretty quick campaign huh lol ). I posted the link to the thread where i got the idea from and even quoted the fact that it wasn't my idea and i was just trying to spread the word because it sounded like it'd work. Well, here's the evidence on why it wouldn't...

Nevermind the flamers, i own them all in the end. And one thing i've realized on these sites is that if your a noob to the site ( as far as post counts or join dates because that's what some dumbfucks judge you by ) you get flamed instantly. You'd think with people that spend more money on cars would have some type of class and have a respectful arguement on the subject if they feel opposite of the idea. Instead you get a bunch of asshats that show that the more money you spend on a car, the more your able to be a complete prick.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...89#post1116989

And..

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....99#post4898899
          I love the bouncy...it's great...

Comment

Lol who's with me? I think we need to ask Hasport to make some custom Honda Hybrid engine mount kits..... I have to fill my tank maybe every 4 1/2 days! I wish I had my F22 still, I lasted about at least a full week with that motor. Shoot how much are those civic engines putting out as far as mileage? 55ish to the gallon? In my opinion Hybrid gas/electric cars are the way to go in this rough age. That new Accord Hybrid hauls ass for a hybrid car and puts out decent mileage since it can tone down it's power useage when not under heavy load.
            I need a custom turbo manifold built....
            707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
            "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

I hope something happens about the price of gas soon. One of the gas stations I sometimes get stuck using is at 2.95 right now. Luckily, I filled up right before a spike in the price of gas.
              I feel sorry for all my friends who drive cars with V6s in em lol.
              -Mr. zip

92 Accord

Comment

yeah, i read this about a year ago. i buy gas where it's close

meaning...shell....i think....

bah. i dunno. gas is gas. money is money.

Comment

I live in Manitoba, Canada, and the gas here is at $1.09/gallon right now. I remember the good old days when gas was $0.45/gallon.
                  1991 Accord LX - R.I.P. you are missed..

1999 Accord EX-V6
                  [AMR coilovers/Progress rear sway/NRG strut tower bar/AEM V2 CAI/Morimoto H1 retro/Racing Sparco wheels]

Comment

Originally posted by sm1ke
                    I live in Manitoba, Canada, and the gas here is at $1.09/gallon right now. I remember the good old days when gas was $0.45/gallon.

Wait, so legal bud and cheap gas? Hmmm, Texas might have been beaten as far as great places to live(zips up flame retardant suit)!

For the record I don't smoke. I just think I'm funny sometimes.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                    X