Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New Member Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member Intro

Hello all,

Purchased a 91 accord coupe in january and just getting around to adding accessories. So far I

Have : ceramic coat, fog lights(not installed), jdm tail lights(corroded bulb housings), jdm one pieces( not installed), oem bra/bonnet(not installed), partial security system(not installed)

and

Want: Led light for the oem security system, Oem Leather case for the remote

I also have noticed an oil leak and was told that it is benign and could be a gasket somewhere . I was reading that leaks could get into electronics however. Sorry if this is the wrong section but just adding this here for what it's worth.

I have minimal experience working on cars but do however have experience working on other machines/equipment. I hope to gain some info on here as far as best practice for corrosion control in small areas and installing the minor accessories that I have.

Glad to be here, hoping to learn alot and help out as much as I can.

Sounds like you got some good accessories to add. I would try and find that leak. Place a piece of cardboard under the car. Once it has oil on it, Jack the car up, put Jack stands under and look up where the oil was found and see where you leaks is.

Can’t really help unless we have an idea where it’s located.

Welcome to the forum! Post pics up when you can.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
      Sounds like you got some good accessories to add. I would try and find that leak. Place a piece of cardboard under the car. Once it has oil on it, Jack the car up, put Jack stands under and look up where the oil was found and see where you leaks is.

Can’t really help unless we have an idea where it’s located.

Welcome to the forum! Post pics up when you can.
      Ok thanks. Yea I took it to Honda and they jacked it up and said it’s “probably a gasket somewhere “. They didn’t seem too concerned so I blew it off. They said it’s not a big leak so due to age it’s just a small leak .

I’ll try to get to it sometimes after the hurricane . I’ve driven the car for months since I was officially told of the oil leak. Of course thst doesn’t mean that it isn’t causing damage .

Comment

Hello everyone, how are you doing?
        Last edited by nanrex32; 10-10-2022, 03:36 AM.

Comment

old car, gonna leak oil from various places.... as long as it's not transmission oil when you're checking engine oil lol been there before

word of advice: putting some UV-fluorescent dye into your engine oil and then using a UV flashlight around the engine after driving for a couple hundred miles is a great way to pinpoint leaks when the engine is a mess. Give it a go, you can get both on amazon together for less than $20. Diag pays off enjoy the car!

Comment

Working...
          X