Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Pay pal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay pal

I just did my 1st sell on ebay, and have contacted the buyer and told him his invoice and stuff like that. He asked for my Pay pal account name so he could send me money, and I gave it to him then I assume he sent me the money but I still havent gotten it. my question is do I have to upgrade my pay pal account to recevie money or do you guys think the person just decided to change his or her mind and not pay

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Usually they require you to have premier account instead of free account to be able to sell your items with paypal payment system. At least for me, because you cannot accept credit card with free account (personal account). Some people use credit cards to pay their items.

Comment

Originally posted by bowzil
      Usually they require you to have premier account instead of free account to be able to sell your items with paypal payment system. At least for me, because you cannot accept credit card with free account (personal account). Some people use credit cards to pay their items.

yeah, to accept credit cards, you do need to be upgraded.

BUT. If he sends you the money, it will reject it then it should go into his paypal account. And then he can just send it again, and it'll be all good.

Comment

Originally posted by aero
        yeah, to accept credit cards, you do need to be upgraded.

BUT. If he sends you the money, it will reject it then it should go into his paypal account. And then he can just send it again, and it'll be all good.
        So with the free acount there is no way i can get cash from this guy? I read a little more on the pay pal web site and if i understand it right I can accept money, just not if there from a crdit or debit card.

From the pay pal website

Personal Accounts are for use by individuals only and cannot receive credit card payments. Personal Accounts include all of our Core Features (see below).

Premier Accounts are for members who have a high transaction volume, need to accept credit card payments, or would like access to our special features. Premier Accounts include all of our Core Features, as well as our Premium Features (see below). Premier Accounts may operate under an individual name.

Business Accounts are for business use only. Business Accounts include our entire Core Features, as well as our Premium Features (see below). Business Accounts can operate under a company or group name.

Core Features:

* Send Money
        * Request Money
        * Auctions Tools
        * Website Payments
        * Money Market
        * Virtual Debit Card
        * Account Insurance
        * Downloadable Log
        * Email-based customer service

Premium Features:

* All of the Core Features
        * Do business as yourself, under a corporate name, or group name
        * Accept unlimited credit card payments
        * Payment Receiving Preferences
        * Subscriptions
        * ATM/Debit Card
        * 7 day-a-week toll free customer service
        * Mass Payments
        * Multi-User Access *For Business Accounts
        * Advanced Downloadable logs

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
          So with the free acount there is no way i can get cash from this guy? I read a little more on the pay pal web site and if i understand it right I can accept money, just not if there from a crdit or debit card.

From the pay pal website

Personal Accounts are for use by individuals only and cannot receive credit card payments. Personal Accounts include all of our Core Features (see below).

Premier Accounts are for members who have a high transaction volume, need to accept credit card payments, or would like access to our special features. Premier Accounts include all of our Core Features, as well as our Premium Features (see below). Premier Accounts may operate under an individual name.

Business Accounts are for business use only. Business Accounts include our entire Core Features, as well as our Premium Features (see below). Business Accounts can operate under a company or group name.

Core Features:

* Send Money
          * Request Money
          * Auctions Tools
          * Website Payments
          * Money Market
          * Virtual Debit Card
          * Account Insurance
          * Downloadable Log
          * Email-based customer service

Premium Features:

* All of the Core Features
          * Do business as yourself, under a corporate name, or group name
          * Accept unlimited credit card payments
          * Payment Receiving Preferences
          * Subscriptions
          * ATM/Debit Card
          * 7 day-a-week toll free customer service
          * Mass Payments
          * Multi-User Access *For Business Accounts
          * Advanced Downloadable logs
          If I am not mistaken ebay required you to have a premier account in order to use paypal as your payment system. How many times have you sent invoice to your buyer? What is your policy when you sold the item. Was it pay within 3 days, 2 days or etc.?
          I have sold many items on Ebay, they once closed my listing because I have paypal personal account as my payment system and they urge me to upgrade it or chose Money orders/ check as payment method.

If you did not write your own agreement in the listing, it is not going to be easy to open a dispute. (it happened to me a lot).

The best solution is to contact him/her. If you got no reply within 3 days, try to open a dispute with ebay or paypal.

Comment

Originally posted by bowzil
            If I am not mistaken ebay required you to have a premier account in order to use paypal as your payment system. How many times have you sent invoice to your buyer? What is your policy when you sold the item. Was it pay within 3 days, 2 days or etc.?
            I have sold many items on Ebay, they once closed my listing because I have paypal personal account as my payment system and they urge me to upgrade it or chose Money orders/ check as payment method.

If you did not write your own agreement in the listing, it is not going to be easy to open a dispute. (it happened to me a lot).

The best solution is to contact him/her. If you got no reply within 3 days, try to open a dispute with ebay or paypal.

I said I accpeted pay pal or money orders but I didnt think about the time frame thing till after it was up and he won it darn. Well I guess I will upgrade and try to fix this, thinks for your help guys.

Click Me

Comment

No problem. It is just a matter of experience. I once was like you, too. Did not know how to make proper listing on ebay and I loss lots of money, but I learned from experience.
              And always be careful with your listing description.

Comment

I had to upgrade.
                -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

when you log into paypal, you should also be able to see it if the buyer sent you money. what happened to me while i recieved a large amount was paypal request that i upgrade. when i had the personal account i could still see the amount sent but not recieve it

was your e-mail address correct? did the seller enter it correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                    when you log into paypal, you should also be able to see it if the buyer sent you money. what happened to me while i recieved a large amount was paypal request that i upgrade. when i had the personal account i could still see the amount sent but not recieve it

was your e-mail address correct? did the seller enter it correctly?
                    Well I have sent in several message on ebay but he hasnt resonded to me so I dont know whats up with him. But I am giving him till monday before I say anything to ebay. He won it on the 6th

Click Me

Comment

Working...
                    X