Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ran a 12.8!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ran a 12.8!!!

not me but my buddy did. he drivin an 88 crx stripped(1800 pounds) with a b20 and t3t4 turbo. he called me on my cell from his cell. he says- hey man im @ the track.
    i says-wat u run?
    he says-im getting my slip right now, 12.811!
    just thought that was pretty cool. his s$!t isnt even tuned yet!
    if ur 555 then im 666

BS flag.................. i had a crx a while back with B18c5 with 5 psi and i hit nowhere 12.8 even fully tuned by yours truly. best ran was low 14's high 13's and your saying a 12.8 on a stripped CRX 1800lbs b20 and t3/t4 i dunno but i call BS
    either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

that guy could be a better shifter than you, and there are lots of other factors.

Comment

Originally posted by trah
        BS flag.................. i had a crx a while back with B18c5 with 5 psi and i hit nowhere 12.8 even fully tuned by yours truly. best ran was low 14's high 13's and your saying a 12.8 on a stripped CRX 1800lbs b20 and t3/t4 i dunno but i call BS
        x2 sorry had a buddy with a CRX before he got rid of it after getting to many tickets. Best he ran was mid to high 13's B18c5 with between 5-8psi fully tuned, stripped. Later

Comment

Last time I checked, this isnt Gran Turismo for PS2. You can build car's similarly, and get different results. Also, if his buddy set his turbo at a higher psi than you guys did, guess what...

Not to mention, he may have different parts on his setup that can affect the outcome. Think about it. Its not like he said his buddy's car ran 8 seconds.

Comment

tell u wat. ill get his ticket, scan it, photo it, watever. but ill postit on here.-totally not cool on the bs part man. like tunerman said, alot of other factors. u shouldnt just get on here and throw accusations like that man.(especially w/out knowing whos on the other end)he works for a garage i sell parts to. ill get the slip 2morrow.c-ya!
            if ur 555 then im 666

Comment

When this...
              Originally posted by sensys01
              not me but my buddy did. he drivin an 88 crx stripped(1800 pounds) with a b20 and t3t4 turbo. he called me on my cell from his cell. he says- hey man im @ the track.
              i says-wat u run?
              he says-im getting my slip right now, 12.811!
              just thought that was pretty cool. his s$!t isnt even tuned yet!
              Is all the info we have to work with and seeing that we both had differnet setups then that it just seems a little hard to believe unless there is more you are not telling us. Later

Comment

he also said he had it stripped down. Different model engine, you never know it may not be tuned but it may be built for boost and running twice the psi you guys were plus he may have had drag radials. Would like to see more info myself as to the setup but it's very possible.
                My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by trah
                  alright, alright, check this civic hatch out.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=390535

Originally posted by Tom Hornsby
                  Best 1/4 mile time to date is a 13.3@101mph but that was with a 2.0 60 foot time. That same night on my last run i pulled a 1.8X 60 footer but broke a clutch fork, so in essence it's a 12.9 car but I will go back to the strip and really PROVE it next time.
                  well, then again, he is the fuckin' man.

Comment

Not calling B.S or anything but do you happen to have his mod list (engine/traction mods)? I'm curious.

And I would be a bit worried on turboing a B20 because of its thin cylinder walls.

Comment

some full interior crx si with an ls/vtec tuned with a *** vafc ran a 13.5. i really dont see how he CANT get into the 12's with a turbo. i believe it, especially if its stripped.

you guys with b18c5's must suck at driving.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Sad

These times are kinda sad, my friend ran a 13.260 in his full interior crx with an sohc zc swap, t25 turbo, tuned by me with z-dyne and a wideband.ps stock motor. On 12psi.
                        Last edited by jDmacCordh22a; 09-27-2006, 11:32 PM. Reason: 12psi
                        H22-T FTW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jDmacCordh22a
                          These times are kinda sad, my friend ran a 13.260 in his full interior crx with an sohc zc swap, t25 turbo, tuned by me with z-dyne and a wideband.ps stock motor. On 12psi.
                          "untuned"

Comment

It also has something to do with a driver. A boosted c5 running 13-14?? damn thats a real shitty time sorry to say my guess would prob be lack of traction. Was your buddy on slicks? B20s built properly have a shit load of torque and will run the quarter quick like nothin.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

12.8 is actually pretty weak. He can do better if he tunes and can get traction.

fast93accord or whatever his name is on here ran an 11.5 with his CB7... damn near 1000lbs heavier than that CRX. He was tuning it that night that I saw him run.

2point6 ran a 12.7 with his NA H22 in a daily driven 90 LX.

12.8 is not insane. Anyone who has a t3/t4 turbo on a 2.0L motor in an 1800lb car that can't run at least that either doesn't know how to drive, or did something terribly wrong with the install or tuning.

Comment

Working...
                              X