Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

neddle removal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neddle removal...

i have a question...can i just take out the needle with out takeing out the 2 screws in the guage face.....i don't wanna try it yet cause i wanna make shure if it's possible....reason y im asking is because i have this intelliglow needle kit frm thedealsking.com.....it's like indiglow guages but for the needle and all i have to do is put it behind the needle where the circle thing is at and the needle lights up...mine is amber...so u think i can juts take out the needle with out takeing out the 2 screws on the guage face?
    Signature removed due to excessive size. Please read the rules before creating a new signature. - cp[mike]

dont ever ever ever take that needle out. u will regret it! dont fuck it with at all! i was putting a face into it and i thought i had to take out the needles. i took em all out put the face. now put it back i realize i broke the needle. TRY sliding it in. if u cant do it. FORGET IT. i went back n forth to the junkyard getting another one on my first honda.
    DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

You can take em out just make sure you mark em or else your needles arent gonna be reading right. Im not sure how they come out I think they pull out but i dunno. Id ask some of the others on here. Hes talking about the needle not the gauge face.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ay give it a try. but before u do. understand these step. when u move the needle and pull it out ur reading will not be accurately again. CLOSE but not perfect unless u read the mph through the ecu to put things back the way it was. if u pull it out and the pin that's under the needle seem broken. ur fuked. u cant glue it cuz it'll stick on sumthing else and wont move at all. ur going to have to get another one. the needle is VERY sensitive i dont recommend it but if you wanna give it a try go ahead. if u pull it out and put it back in and it works i give u serious mad props. cuz i couldnt. if i was you i take it somewhere professional. so if they break it they gotta give u another one so u can be on the safe side.
        DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

no shyt..okae then fuckt it...i'll just make the experts do it..but hey thanx though....
          Signature removed due to excessive size. Please read the rules before creating a new signature. - cp[mike]

Comment

A friend pulled the needles off his 00 accord to put on glow gauges and they shit all over him. It doesnt matter if you mark em or not. Better safe than sorry. *tip* pick up an extra gauge from a junkyard and use it to experiment on. If you get the faces on with one try, swap em out. Or just keep trying until you can get it right, then put em the cluster that in your car now. Another useful tip, "taco" the faces-fold them/bend them almost in half then slide them on. The hardest is probly gonna be the fuel/temp gauge cuz it has 2 needles. But remember, you can move the needles, just dont pull them off. ANd make sure you put them back where you found them, that way it wont mess anything up, just in case.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
            X