Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

im new to this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im new to this site

hi im new to this site
    and im new to the accord thing
    well my name is alex and i bought my car like almost a year ago, very reliable car gotta say that i got a 90 lx its a silverish brownish color and with a burgandy int i love it but its due for a tune up n i dont know how to do a tune up how much will it cost for a tune up and how do i do a tun up, i think u guys gonna help me, that is why i came to this site, my freind said it was helpful, i come to u guys in need of help thanx
    -alex

a tune up.

spark plugs
    spark plug wires
    cap
    rotor
    Originally posted by jboyce
    i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

Welcome to the site! Congrats on the purchase. This is the site that can and will help you TREMENDOUSLY. Try here for tune up specs. A shop manual will help alot too. You can order one here through the site or you can go to a Schucks/Checker's/Autozone type store and pick one up.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=55330

Another thing try and utilize the search function. It is your friend!
      3 CB's gone....
      1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

wats a cap and a rotor?
        sorry im a noob at this i harly know stuff bout cars lol

Comment

thanks 91Accord-LX i apreciated a lot thanks man

Comment

not a problem
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by theaccordman
              wats a cap and a rotor?
              sorry im a noob at this i harly know stuff bout cars lol
              you can find your distributor cap by tracing the ignition wires from one end (at the engine, they they attach in the middle of the top of the engine) and keep following down to the other end that looks like a black box about the size of your palm (on the left side of the engine while standing in front). once you pull the "cap" off (three phillips head screws), you will see a small plastic circular thing with a metal strip sticking out of it...this is your rotor button...to remove it just pull straight out. you will also need a pcv valve and an air filter (if dirty), also if you just got the car, I would change the engine oil and oil filter.
              "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
              ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
              US Navy Electrician
              Contact me if you need help on the side.
              '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
              '01 Civic LX
              '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

your best bet would be to get the shop manual. I have the oem manual that's like 2 inches thick and it tells you how to do literally everything to the car and has all the service intervals and tune up specs in it. I don't know much about the haynes manual but I've heard very good things about that too. That will tell you what you should do for a good tune-up and it will explain exactly how to do it. Good luck.

Comment

i have the original accord manual, does that work?

Comment

It might tell you maintinence intervals but it won't tell you much other than that. I'm talking about the shop manual. It will save you hundreds in mechanics bills by doing stuff yourself using that manual.

Comment

If you are talking about the owner's manual...NO...you need the "Service Manual" just do some check google, ebay, and any other sites that you can think of...I just did a quick search on ebay and this is what I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWDVW

Happy Shopping
                      "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
                      ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
                      US Navy Electrician
                      Contact me if you need help on the side.
                      '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
                      '01 Civic LX
                      '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

welcome to the site man!

i recommend u gettin a haynes manual...will help out

Comment

thanks yall

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
                            welcome to the site man!

i recommend u gettin a haynes manual...will help out
                            i got a haynes manual and it is a good start for beginners...you can find this manual at any auto parts retail store....pepboys...autozone...napa...etc.
                            A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

Working...
                            X