Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump.

can I be bumped from newbie status yet?! sheeeeesh.

you have to get 30 GOOD posts first... You cant run around and flame or whore up threads. They have to be worth while posts.. And Off Topic Posts do not count. Later

Comment

Originally posted by Fugh22
      can I be bumped from newbie status yet?! sheeeeesh.
      Why don't you spend the time browsing through this forum and reading up on a few things regarding member's status instead of being so worried about your post counts?! sheeeeesh.

Comment

I know how many posts i need... but what is a "worthy" post for count... I don't get it. I plan to be on the forum for awhile. But I can wait for it. Also why is everyone so damn hostile? Im not trying to be a jackass and am treated as one. Another reason I would like to get out of this newbie stuff.

Comment

Not trying to be a jackass? Please... You created a thread specifically begging to be let out of the Beginner Forums.

Do you know the reason for the Beginner Forums? They are so new members can learn how to use this site properly. That means searching, being helpful to others, and reading the sticky threads.

The fact that you don't know the answer to your questions is evidence that you didn't bother reading the stickies. It is quite clearly explained in there.

Belive me, if people treat you too rudely here, they get banned. If you feel like you're being treated poorly here because of your actions, you'll quickly find that the regular parts of the forums won't be very friendly either.

Comment

To make it easy for you... you have to post in the parts of the forum that actually pertain to the cars... not Off Topic, not the Image Gallery... And your posts need to at least be on topic. No "haha yeah" or "thats what I did"... Contribute something, or it will be deleted.

And yes, drawing attention to yourself this way will now make me go back and look at your previous (and future) posts. I delete those that I notice aren't useful in a conversation. Don't be surprised if your count goes down a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              To make it easy for you... you have to post in the parts of the forum that actually pertain to the cars... not Off Topic, not the Image Gallery... And your posts need to at least be on topic. No "haha yeah" or "thats what I did"... Contribute something, or it will be deleted.

And yes, drawing attention to yourself this way will now make me go back and look at your previous (and future) posts. I delete those that I notice aren't useful in a conversation. Don't be surprised if your count goes down a bit.
              Okay, well I will try for some contribution but there is only so much you can contribute in the newby section.

Comment

Okay, well I will try for some contribution but there is only so much you can contribute in the newby section.
                Its basically the same thing. As a matter of fact members who have more then 30 post still ask in the beginner section because they are too afraid of taking some heat. That or they want to get spoonfed which I can say 99.99% of the time thats the case. Don't believe me? Look at the original poster's post count.

And you purposely created a thread hoping to be exempt to be excused from being a newbie when you exactly know the requirements needed to be out of newbie status. What does that say about you? If you do stick around you will soon realize that members complaining about why they are still a newbie are frequent even thought it is clearly explained. You don't respect the members here by following the rules and terms why should they respect you. Am I correct?

Comment

Imo that "figure" is only determined by a willingness to contribute, and ones knowledge.

Have fun!
                  1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

It is true that the Beginner Forum can be used by those who wish to be spoon-fed... though the difference between someone who simply doesn't know enough to help themselves and someone who doesn't care enough to help themselves becomes quickly evident. I will gladly help someone with the simplest of issues until I realize that they expect me to hold their hand the entire way.

When people post questions in the Beginner Forums that get no responses, it's usually because the questions come off as (or clearly are) requests for people to do EVERYTHING for them.

For example... asking "how can I build a fast F22?" would probably get no responses, or responses that are fairly rude. A little research into the BASICS of tuning (like flipping through a magazine...) will give you enough ideas to say something like "what camshaft options are there for the F22?" THAT is a valid question, worth taking the time to anwer. Granted, a quick search on this site would unearth the answer, but that's why they're beginners... In time, as they grow accustomed to the the site and the way it works, they'll be able to search more successfully. At least the question itself shows some innitiative. It says "ok, I've gotten this far, now what?"

If you need to question the way this forum works, chances are people with your attitude were the reason things are the way they are.

On the other hand, the Beginner Forums are a GREAT place for a true beginner to start, since flaming of any type is not allowed (HondaB18's post above is about as rude as you can get in here without getting banned... he's good at doing that ).

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      It is true that the Beginner Forum can be used by those who wish to be spoon-fed... though the difference between someone who simply doesn't know enough to help themselves and someone who doesn't care enough to help themselves becomes quickly evident. I will gladly help someone with the simplest of issues until I realize that they expect me to hold their hand the entire way.

When people post questions in the Beginner Forums that get no responses, it's usually because the questions come off as (or clearly are) requests for people to do EVERYTHING for them.

For example... asking "how can I build a fast F22?" would probably get no responses, or responses that are fairly rude. A little research into the BASICS of tuning (like flipping through a magazine...) will give you enough ideas to say something like "what camshaft options are there for the F22?" THAT is a valid question, worth taking the time to anwer. Granted, a quick search on this site would unearth the answer, but that's why they're beginners... In time, as they grow accustomed to the the site and the way it works, they'll be able to search more successfully. At least the question itself shows some innitiative. It says "ok, I've gotten this far, now what?"

If you need to question the way this forum works, chances are people with your attitude were the reason things are the way they are.

On the other hand, the Beginner Forums are a GREAT place for a true beginner to start, since flaming of any type is not allowed (HondaB18's post above is about as rude as you can get in here without getting banned... he's good at doing that ).

Haha my apologies. I will tone it down so no more conflicts do occur. But I agree with your comment. It is evident on people's intention just by their posts. If its someone who just wants to gain some information and have shown to me that they have tried but to no success I will gladly help them out. But to those who know that the answer can be easily searched but shows no effort and continues asking one question after the other shows the character of that poster. I don't claim to know everything but I would want the members to put some effort which may improve the board.

Comment

As soon as i read the first post i knew school was about to be in session.
                        CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                          Haha my apologies. I will tone it down so no more conflicts do occur. But I agree with your comment. It is evident on people's intention just by their posts. If its someone who just wants to gain some information and have shown to me that they have tried but to no success I will gladly help them out. But to those who know that the answer can be easily searched but shows no effort and continues asking one question after the other shows the character of that poster. I don't claim to know everything but I would want the members to put some effort which may improve the board.
                          I totally agree. Honestly, I don't think you go too far. Believe me, there are times when I want to be even harsher! Hell, I banned myself for 3 days because I DID go too far once! I've seen you get irritated, but I've never seen you go beyond the limit. One of the most important things is that with your somewhat harsh comments is a bit of the help the person is asking for... Sometimes someone needs to be growled at a little, but if you're going to bother say anything, it might as well be at least SOMEWHAT helpful! A rude remark with no assistance is just as bad (if not worse) than a worthless question. If the question is going to be asked, the replies might as well answer! If there are 15 threads asking the same thing, and they all have answers, the chances of finding that answer for a future searcher are that much greater! Eventually, the search function WILL be useful if we keep answering the repeat crap Still, if someone doesn't care to make an effort to help themselves, then they aren't worth ANY reply.

Comment

Hey you guys arent allowed to flame some one. Its every man for himself you cant team up like that .

man i thought i was doing bad when i would post. For the longest i wondered why i could post in the big dog section. Honestly i didnt want to be in the begNER when i found out i had to post 1/3 of 100 times. now that i hit the bench mark. i prob wont go to the advance sections. Still feeling fishy not sharky lol . CONTRIBUTION is key

Comment

woooooooo

that is true i need to get more.
                              back at it again

Comment

Working...
                              X