Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car too low??? Are you KIDDING?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car too low??? Are you KIDDING?

I went to get my car inspected the other day and didn't pass. It passed all the emissions but failed because the guy said my car is too low. I've got some Neuspeed Sport springs so it's like 1.7 inch drop. Not really that low. Well the guy said that from the middle of the headlights to the ground need to be at least 24 inches. He measured it for me and the 24 inches comes right at the top of the headlights. My question is.... Is there a temporary fix for this problem just so I can pass inspection besides putting the stock springs back on? I live in Austin, Texas so if anyone knows a more relaxed shop I can take it to reinspect then that would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

LOL they got you for that in TX....You need to find another place to do it lol. I get my inspections done and they never did that lol. Sounds like a pretty anal inspection station.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yes it was pretty surprising. Before I had my integra lowered 2 inches and it was much lower then my cb7 and it always passes inspection. I'm new down in Austin and so I was just worried about it passing emissions but instead they say my car is too low. But hey inspection is $28 here instead of the $39 that I paid in Dallas.

Comment

Usually its 39.50. By the sounds of it they only do emissions and no safety inspection. But safety would be the part with measuring ride height so dunno. Anyway SA, Austin and El paso recently started emissions testing this year anyway.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I paid 12 for mine
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

You and your damn safety inspection down in san marcos. Only small towns do that. Waco did the same.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I have no idea what they do here. The only thing I can see that is different from when I lived in Dallas is that they don't use the dyno for the inspections. Just drive the car around and then run the engine at a certain rpm.

Comment

They drive the car around wtf??? Thats some bs inspection...So how to they test tailpipe emissions if they do that...There are two ways to test obd1 cars the TSI and the ASM test. Two speed idle test is what they used in Dallas...I have never heard of anyone driving around the car....Thats a bunch of bs to me you need to find a new inspection station.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Every place I have taken the car to always got driven around. Even in Dallas. I think they do it to check the brakes or something and the steering/shocks/springs or something like that.

Comment

where I live we dont have ANY inspections, no emissions, no safety nothin. shit even when I bought a 91 crx si it needed to be inspected by state patrol for a rebuilt title and that car was slammed like i mean slammed, and it leaked gas out of the gas tank and the passed it with flying colors. i say put stock springs back on man, best bet.
                    Originally posted by jboyce
                    i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

Originally posted by LewiZ32
                      Every place I have taken the car to always got driven around. Even in Dallas. I think they do it to check the brakes or something and the steering/shocks/springs or something like that.
                      lol...I guess I never seen anyone do that. Mostly safety is checking mirrors, all lights working, seat belt and that good stuff...I never seen anyone drive around. Most obd1 just roll on an in ground dyno from what I have seen. What part of dallas were you in again?

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

did you ever get reinspected? i would go to terrys inspection off burnet road right next to the poddle dog lounge.
                        http://local.yahoo.com/info-44562657...pection-austin
                        its only like 25 bucks and takes maybe 15 mins. they are very cool and are not going to say anything unless the emissions are bad or something else is very wrong with the car. hell i had a busted out front corner light and the dude never said a word they do take the car for a quick drive and then run emissions. have been using these guys since i have owned a car and my family has used them since before i can remember. they do a great job for a great price.

*p.s.* were in austin are you?
                        Last edited by baracuda; 07-27-2009, 12:44 PM.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by LewiZ32 View Post
                          I went to get my car inspected the other day and didn't pass. It passed all the emissions but failed because the guy said my car is too low. I've got some Neuspeed Sport springs so it's like 1.7 inch drop. Not really that low. Well the guy said that from the middle of the headlights to the ground need to be at least 24 inches. He measured it for me and the 24 inches comes right at the top of the headlights. My question is.... Is there a temporary fix for this problem just so I can pass inspection besides putting the stock springs back on? I live in Austin, Texas so if anyone knows a more relaxed shop I can take it to reinspect then that would be awesome. Thanks in advance!
                          thats because u live in austin. cops give u tickets just for revvin ur motor...theyre strict. my brother got a ticket for that....here in corpus all they do is check ur horn, lights, p/s and well of course if the engine starts

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                            They drive the car around wtf??? Thats some bs inspection...So how to they test tailpipe emissions if they do that...There are two ways to test obd1 cars the TSI and the ASM test. Two speed idle test is what they used in Dallas...I have never heard of anyone driving around the car....Thats a bunch of bs to me you need to find a new inspection station.
                            they do the emissions test first.....then they drive the car to see if everythings in order

Comment

Never did that to my car. They tested mine pulling it into the bay lol...From parking lot to bay they just jammed the brakes i was like wtf lol. They dont need to drive it around lol they only need a few feet to see if brakes and seat belts are in check. When I did my TL they did the same lol no road test.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X