Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 type-s Vs h22 euro-r?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 type-s Vs h22 euro-r?

my car was recently referred and im trying to swap out the stock f to a better h series, my wish is to get an h22 euro-r under my hood but it has been a bit controversial, long story short, "overall would a type-s h22 be better than a A7, being on how a type-s can have more potential as in being able to build it bolt-ons, internally, etc; as a A7 to my knowledge can have limited potential as in trying to build it, losing well basically what it really is... its euro-R credentials, i really would spend the money on the A7 but if i cant really do much to the "R" without demeaning it, whats the point of building ones "dream car"? so type-s;euro-r? guidance? thoughts?
    h22 type-s gradually being built
    20.00%
    h22 euro-r some bolt-ons
    80.00%

The poll is expired.

its been covered a lot lately and according to what i understand, the euro-r will be your best bet.
    if you look around a bit you can find the threads that are being debated
    OHIO CB7'S #11
    SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

there was a de-bait (sp) awhile ago about so i would do a search if you haven't already. Also if i remember right most said the 20 hp isn't worth the price of 7 grand, most said just get an h22 and built the motor.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

as in trying to build it, i would like to put in work in my engine to make it "beefy-er" and just knowing what i do to it, what can have a higher top end, more hp. better pull? any leads???

Comment

Originally posted by mafiacb7
          as in trying to build it, i would like to put in work in my engine to make it "beefy-er" and just knowing what i do to it, what can have a higher top end, more hp. better pull? any leads???
          im goin to build the engine and my friends say it a waste of money for me to bye a h22 euro or type s if im just goin to build it

Comment

they are the same motor pretty much. the euro r has a better intake manifold. if you are going to get an h22 to modify it dont bother getting either one. you can make more power with mods on a regular h22 for the same price.

Comment

yup

yeah granted in the end i could say a a black top is a better engine for me in the build of it, but knowing the different mods a e-R has, the better manifold, compression and whatnot, its credentials and its so called rareness, that has been a major cause of me wanting to get it, drop that A7 and not really worry about it for years to come besides its maintanence, fast and reliable,.. then here comes me wanting more...

Comment

i would choose the euro-r out of the 2 motors because of the tranny and the intake manifold....but other than that they are very similar horsepower wise
                My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                X