Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Accord ex-r1992 f22a4 my project (Turbo)whit T3 ,look my compressor map !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord ex-r1992 f22a4 my project (Turbo)whit T3 ,look my compressor map !

Hi,am new here and i like this forum! I am reading ,learning and now building a turbo kit for a year now and i have some questions .I love my car and i have worck alot on it ! I have buy a use Garett T3 in very nice condtion,no shaft play I have the compressor map and i want to make sure it what i want .but am not sure where my f22a6 goning to be on this map at 8 psi !

Turbo Specs:
    -Model: Garrett/Airesearch TA0310 (T3 Series)
    -internal westgate 8 psi
    -O.E. part #: 466746-1
    -Compressor Trim: 50
    -Compressor Housing a/r: .42
    -Turbine Housing a/r: .48
    -Oil Cooled only
    -Recommended applications: 150-275hp, 1.5L-2.2L
    my goal is 220 whp and 200 lbs torque.

If someone can help me whit that
    I want fast spool and low boost! I wish it start spool at 2 500 rpm!

The parts i already have for my turbo is:

-T3 garett internal wesgate 8psi .
    -STR forged manifold(log style) .
    -Goodspeed black (fmic) front mount intercooler .
    -HKS ssq BOV .
    -Walbro fuel pump 255lph hp .
    -Adjustable Fuel pressure regulator whit gauge.
    -Boost,oil pressure,air/fuel gauges and pod already install!
    -Strait cath pipe 2.5'' and muffler whit too 2'5'' outlets.Already install
    -2.5 '' alluminium piping kit for intercooler charge pipe.
    -Turbo boost controler .
    I try to buy all quality parts

My Accord ex-r 92
    Last edited by gastongo; 03-11-2008, 05:37 PM.

Honda accord EX-R 92 manual 5 speeds

if you wanted boost that low, and a goal of 220hp. than a td04 (dsm 14b) would be awesome and cheaper for you.

but with that setup, you should see 200hp at 8psi.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

I'm far from a turbo guy but that sounds like a small turbo, like it is going to be pretty warm.. Might as well save up for something more and have more then you need, instead of pushing it near the limits. Maybe I am way off though. I don't pay that much attention to turbo setups.

Needs a drop, but other then that it looks pretty clean.. Do you have any engine bay pics? Later

Comment

yeah a dsm 14b turbo and manifold would have gotten you to your goal with minor additions and while saving you money in the process. You better get some injectors cuz i dont see them on your list and a way to tune. Tuning will let you reach ur goal before your motor goes sky high. If im not mistaken.....that turbo is practically the same size as a 14b isnt it?

Comment

Thanks for the informations guys

-Most any t3/t4 will do, since you have low power goals. The turbo you listed is a straight t3, too small. Those are perfect for d16's.

A T3/T4 54 trim with a .63 hot side will probably suffice your needs.

something like this
          http://www.blaastperformance.com/index.php?p=t3t04e-54

What sise and brand ov injectors i nede to reach my goal ov 220 whp

-450 cc injectors from sn gen talon/eclipse!
          Thanks
          The 14B turbo are what flange
          I dont want to buy another turbo manifold!
          The one i have are t3 ,t3/t4 flange!

Comment

seems you are going in the right direction in the build & with your own desires (as in the products you buy) still lacking some things as was said, but i would think the dsm injectors will work more than fine, instead of paying the $240 new each i believe, you could go to the junk yard and depending on you, you get them cheaper or at a five finger discount, but over all kudos on ur build, I seen your cars a little high, what suspension are u running on? if none what are u planning to get?

Comment

The suspensions is stock ,what i want is maybe 2'' lower.

Here the list ov parts i nede to finish my turbo kit!

-New turbo(bigger) t3/t4
              -downpipe
              -ecu for tuning it(chiped)
              -450 dsm sn gen injectors
              -oil feed and return lines. i already have install a oil filter
              sandwich adapter for the oil feed and oil pressure sensor gauges!

Am planing to remove my AC and maybe power stering too!
              My intercooler is black and i want it totaly stealth.Am going to put my custom black grill back after install!

Comment

nice,.. you wouldnt have to remove your ac, or power steering but if u wanted it gutted and a wire tuck i could see that, me personally if anything remove the a/c and keep the power steering it comes in handy on some manouvers, but even now im running on both cause this california weather can get bad, i dont know if u have that similar weather, over all sacrifice some so called "power and weight" to ride comfortably, even trade at least on my daily driven

Comment

For your 220whp 200tq is doable with the t3 you currently have, yes it a bit small turbo for an 2.2L engine, but your not pushing high boost on a built engine so this t3 will work just fine for your f22a4 engine runing 8-9psi. you would get quick spool up due to the smaller turbo around 2200-2300rpm. my spool up time on my old f22a4 with a small T25 turbo was 2000rpm. Since the F22a4 will run out of breath before 6000rpm it a good match with the t3 for good hp 200-240whp. it a waist using a bigger t3/t4 type turbo with stock engine where those turbo work best efficient at 15-18psi. If u plan for later engine built up then investing on a bigger turbo now is ok, but you will get a bit of turbo lag spool up around 3500-3800rpm.

*** IT THE TUNING THAT PRODUCE THE BEST HP FOR THE ENGINE ****
                  *** GOOD LUCK with the turbo build , once your boosted it not the crazy hp u make but how long you are able to keep driving the turbo engine.
                  90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                  < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

My real goal is to make 200 to 220 whp and the most reliable i can
                    Tanks to evrebody helping me and giving me hints and trics!

My spoiler is a accord 98 type R modefy i have cut it in half and add 6'' to fit my accord 92. I have custom made the air scoop on my hood from this one.My air scoop go directly on my Air filter whit heat shield.

Last edited by gastongo; 03-07-2008, 12:33 AM.

Comment

On my T3 when i put the oil feed on top i have my compressor at the right side That why am planing to remove my power stering ! Can i change the side by rotating the central section (oil feed/oil return)ov the turbo to still have the oil feed on top
                      Thank!

Last edited by gastongo; 03-07-2008, 06:31 PM.

Comment

it doesnt matter which way ur oil feed goes, its ur oil return that matters......the oil return runs on nothing but gravity so u need to have ur return pointing straight down with no kinks in the return line

Comment

perfect I was saying that becose one side is a round hole and the other side is a scare hole,if bolt way is not important as long ov the return line are strait down and no kink in it ! Tanks alot for that info
                          Am not going to remove power stering

Comment

I have made some pics ov my turbocharger whit my turbo manifold.I have the compressor at the left but i nede to rotate it to have the exducer going up,it possible
                            Tanks alot evrebody

Last edited by gastongo; 03-08-2008, 11:46 AM.

Comment

ouch

Originally posted by gastongo
                              I want advise on this product .It for T3 ,T3/T4 It a 3/4 return line adapter! I supose if it biger the oil going to flow down bether . What dou you tink and what hose type can i use whit that adapter.
                              tanks!

dont do it, you want your oil line to be better than that.

Go with stealthmodeperformance.com oil kit. Its the best way.
                              I found out doing my install. Its better to get the entire kit.
                              but if you want just the flange this one is better...

This Flange from stealthmodeperformance.com

and again its only $85 shipped but go with the entire kit!

Here is the entire kit from stealthmodeperformance.com
                              Last edited by drummersteve7; 03-08-2008, 02:40 PM.
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X