Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brake Lamp Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Lamp Question

I have a 93 accord 10th anniversary and it had a wing on it with a brake light but it was disconnected. My friend came and disconnected my 3rd brake light and connected the light on my wing. Now on a gauge cluster it shows the brake lamp light always on. It could be that my friend connected it wrong or maybe a fuse????

is that a factory spoiler ?? just double check all the brake light bulbs. all my brake lights work and my car still shows a "brake lamp" light on. that's a common problem with these cars.

--------------------
    sold to: bootlegcb7, jhondayaaj
    bought from : b3nsonx , *JDM_CB7*, bmxicansd, konig52r,
    Slick_Nine, CB7_213

Comment

im not sure, it came with the car. But ill check all the bulbs. thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by puertorico45
        My friend came and disconnected my 3rd brake light and connected the light on my wing. Now on a gauge cluster it shows the brake lamp light always on. It could be that my friend connected it wrong or maybe a fuse????

so your 3rd brake light is disconnected, maybe that's why the dash light for the brake lights are on.

Comment

Originally posted by puertorico45
          I have a 93 accord 10th anniversary and it had a wing on it with a brake light but it was disconnected. My friend came and disconnected my 3rd brake light and connected the light on my wing. Now on a gauge cluster it shows the brake lamp light always on. It could be that my friend connected it wrong or maybe a fuse????
          Yeah the center high mounted stop lamp or CHMSL doesn't need to be disconnected when you have a spoiler. There is a brake sensor that you can swap out to bypass the 3rd brake light. If you look at your passenger side tail light, there shoud be a small box with a wire harness connected into it. If this box is black, you have the wrong one so you can go to a junkyard and grab a gray box outta an accord that had a spoiler. I'll try and post a pic

*edit* Here you go.
          Last edited by bigjoegood1; 03-07-2008, 02:20 PM. Reason: adding info
          "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
          "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
          ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1
            Yeah the center high mounted stop lamp or CHMSL doesn't need to be disconnected when you have a spoiler. There is a brake sensor that you can swap out to bypass the 3rd brake light. If you look at your passenger side tail light, there shoud be a small box with a wire harness connected into it. If this box is black, you have the wrong one so you can go to a junkyard and grab a gray box outta an accord that had a spoiler. I'll try and post a pic

*edit* Here you go.
            What is the name of that brake box? My light started going on when all my bulbs are fine. I want to replace it but I have no Idea what the hell its called?? Oh I need the black one, I dont have a spoiler. I Want one!!
            Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
            CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
            Coupe MRT

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1
              Me no gettee pm
              pm re sent

^click for MRT^
              CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
              Coupe MRT

Comment

NO selling in the beginners forums.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Sorry for the thread jack.

puertorico45, let me know if any of the above works for you.
                  "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                  ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                    NO selling in the beginners forums.
                    Sorry had no Idea!! New here

^click for MRT^
                    CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
                    Coupe MRT

Comment

Also sorry to you puertorico45, hope I didn't screw up your thread!

^click for MRT^
                      CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
                      Coupe MRT

Comment

thanks guys for all your help. I'll check that out. No worries

Comment

yea, the brake light is on due to the 3rd brake lamp being dissconected
                          90 EX DUMPED!!!

Comment

MAte you've probably done one of your relays inside the tail lights.... umm i had an aftermarket spoiler sitting on my car and it did something to my relays and the brake light in the cluster always shows up until recently i changed the relay to get rid of it....

check your relays....

Tommy Gun.... Gunning It all dA waY...

Comment

Working...
                            X