Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

A6 intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A6 intake manifold

What up guys. Im goin to get the a6 i/m tommarow. I already have the cam and the Pt6.

My question is, Exactly what parts do i need for this? Do i need the WHole manifold from block to throttle body? Or do i only need one section of it?

Also, ive heard about "the black box". What is this, where is it located, and more importantly, It it neccesary for the IAB's.

the block box is what controls the secondary butterflies and is has to be hooked up right for the to work properly. If you just hook the vaccum line straight from the plunger to the intake mani it will open a little early but it will work. You do need to whole intake manifold because the top and bottom is alot different with its dual runners.
    -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

iight. I got it. Now when im under the hood, Where am i gonna find this "black box"?

Comment

Originally posted by AllWhiteCoupe
        iight. I got it. Now when im under the hood, Where am i gonna find this "black box"?
        It is bolted to the bottom of the A6 Intake manifold. It's just a small vacuum tank. If you get the whole manifold, you will get the box.

If you get it from a junkyard (and you have the PT6 computer) you ought to try to get the plug off of the wiring harness as well, so you can plug it right in. That way it will work right.
        1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Well it is under the intake manifold above the oil filter. But unless you can pin you ecu connector for the iab wire just hook you vacuum line from the secondaries to you intake mani and it should work good.
          -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

hehe. i was going to ask this when i was ready to to it but looks like my question has already been answered
            90 EX DUMPED!!!

Comment

you can take off that vaccum box via the bottom of the car. just remember to unplug the vac hoses cuz they break the hose nipples at the black box very easly. also the one electrical plug is kinda hard to unplug at first.

& as the rest said your better off taking the whole intake system. also theres a hidden bolt right below the intake manifold youll have to take off. plus the 3 long bolts next to the termastat(sp?) housing.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I got the manifold about 2 hours ago and ive started the swap.

Im seeing alot of vac. lines that im not familiar with. Whats the right way to hook them up for the iabs?

Comment

Working...
                X