Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

could it be this...no fire problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could it be this...no fire problem

hi guys...my h22 has no fire and i just change the distributor and the external coil.the car have not been working for about 1 mont because of a tranny problem.could it be the main relay?if not what could it be?help me out i need my car .

did you check all the fuses? make sure all your grounds are connected?

Comment

check your grounds, main relay, definiately check your Thermostat ground. are you sure you hooked your tranny ground back up? and yes check your fuses. ECU fuse is under the hood and so are a lot of other fuses that would make your car inoperable.
      Originally posted by jboyce
      i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

is the main relay the first one under the dash from the driver?cuz there's 3.i will chek my fuses.and yes my ground cable is conected to the tranny and i have an other one on the head.

Comment

The main relay is a brown and gray plastic box with one plug. It's behind the cruise control brain box, if you have CC.

The main relay activates the fuel pump. If you aren't getting spark, that's not your issue.

You changed the distributor. Did it come with an igniter, or did you use the old one? I assume your cap and rotor are new as well, correct? All plug wires in and in good condition? All plugs in good condition? Battery good? Sometimes a weak battery will crank the motor, but not enough to start the car. I had this issue after letting the car sit for a while.

Now, are you actually not getting spark... like, you've pulled a plug, aimed it at something metal, and cranked... with no spark? Or are you assuming that the car isn't starting because of a spark issue?

Comment

i'm not getting fire to the coil...i detach the cable that goes to the distributor from the coil and put it on metal and no fire.i also did that with the spark plugs at the end of the cable where it sopuse to be and no fire.the igniter did come with the new distributor.

Comment

can someone have a pic for me i cant find it...it should be over the fuse box on the driver side?i dont know wheres the cc box.can my new distributor came without an ignitor?i baught it new on ebay.

Comment

What are you looking for? The igniter? It's the little chip-type thing in the distributor. You'll see it when you remove the dust shield under the cap. It has 3 wires coming from it, with jelly-looking rubber covers on the connections.

Comment

those where 2 question...i'm asking where is the main relay!i know the igniter is in the distributor but my question is can my new distributor came without an ignitor?

Comment

it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't come with one since you bought it off of ebay.

the main relay for the fuel is up behind the dash. i hear it's a pita to get to.

Comment

i know the MAIN RELAY is behind the dash but where?is it one of the 3 one over the fuses?

anyone have baught distributor from ebay and dont have ignitor?

Comment

Under the dash, to the left of the steering column. The CC box is a large-ish silver metal box. The main relay is pretty far up there. A gray and brown plastic box with one plug in it, clipped to a bracket. I never got mine off the bracket... just plugged a new one in and wedged it up there

However, if you're not getting spark, the main relay isn't causing it. The main relay only activates the fuel pump. If you're not getting fuel, then that may be an issue. An easy way to check for fuel is to crank the engine a few times, pull a sparkplug, and smell. If you smell gas, your main relay works.

Rather than asking if anyone ever got a distributor from the hundreds of people on ebay selling them, just pull your cap and look. Seriously... 45 seconds is all it'll take to see if you have one. Chances are, that's all that was wrong with your old distributor... bad igniter.

Comment

i ask this if you guys have baught distributor off ebay that came without ignitor because my car is at a garage friend and it is under snow.

so if its not the main relay what could it be(if my distributor have an ignitor)

please help me

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
                            did you check all the fuses? make sure all your grounds are connected?
                            x2...check if you bolted grounds right
                            MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

ground checked

Comment

Working...
                              X