Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power

ok for my h22 setup on my cb7 what are some minor things i can do to get good power results? looking for a little more power with not alot of money

indexing spark plugs,along with the normal intake header exhaust, high flow cat, general tune up. port and polish, nitrous, hondata intake gasket, I forgot who some stacked another plate on the runners so they were longer.

::EDIT::
    I found it
    Here are both links
    blacktrax
    cb7
    Last edited by NorcoAccord; 03-20-2008, 02:55 AM.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
      indexing spark plugs,along with the normal intake header exhaust, high flow cat, general tune up. port and polish, nitrous, hondata intake gasket, I forgot who some stacked another plate on the runners so they were longer.
      well i was planning on doing hondata s100 and tune but got quoted 500 and i dont have that kinda cash right now and they told me to go to a p28 ecu isnt that gsr? shouldnt i stick with my jdm p13? and i have headers highflow cat and 2.5 pipe straight to a muffler hopefuly getting my 450cc injectors soon but i need cheap good mods if you know what i mean

Comment

Originally posted by xH22_CB7x
        well i was planning on doing hondata s100 and tune but got quoted 500 and i dont have that kinda cash right now and they told me to go to a p28 ecu isnt that gsr? shouldnt i stick with my jdm p13? and i have headers highflow cat and 2.5 pipe straight to a muffler hopefuly getting my 450cc injectors soon but i need cheap good mods if you know what i mean
        p28 is a gsr i think they want that ecu so they can chip it and put the tune it, I think NOS would be good for you, you can get a decent kit for 200.

Click Me

Comment

P28 is from a Civic.

You don't need 450cc injectors unless you're going turbo. More fuel does not mean more power.

There are no significant upgrades for under $500. Get an intake and a 2.5" exhaust. That's about it. Anything else that makes good power will be expensive... aside from nitrous (NOS is a brand)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            P28 is from a Civic.

You don't need 450cc injectors unless you're going turbo. More fuel does not mean more power.

There are no significant upgrades for under $500. Get an intake and a 2.5" exhaust. That's about it. Anything else that makes good power will be expensive... aside from nitrous (NOS is a brand)
            yes i know nos is a brand just like zex im not stupid

Comment

Did I say you were stupid? No. I was correcting the guy that posted before me, since he seems to be one of those that calls all nitrous setups "nos".

Stupid, no. I don't think you are. You need to learn, sure. You also need to relax.

Comment

Did I say you were stupid? No. I was correcting the guy that posted before me, since he seems to be one of those that calls all nitrous setups "nos".

Stupid, no. I don't think you are. You need to learn, sure. You also need to relax.
                yea i was more of a d-series guy and now i went to h im kinda new to this whole seen but anyways my setup so far is jdm h22a, ram air intake, ngk plugs/wires, about to put on my headers and high flow cat, muffler (n1 replica), 2.5 from cat back and i think thats it for now anyways

Comment

you should try a shortshifter or just wait then save up for a lsd type 2 tranny by sending it off to gearspeed. Youll love yoru car more and more. Why not try to fill your motormounts too from mcmaster.com with the 94shore hardener with resin it only costs 35 bucks

Comment

i have read some stuff and i get mixed answers but i was thinking about going to a chipped p28 anyways but some ppl say its good and some ppl say not to

Comment

yea i was more of a d-series guy and now i went to h im kinda new to this whole seen
                      D to H, you skipped the F-series buddy.LOL. I agree with H22sparkle on the lsd and mount part, tha'll help you put down more hp's to the ground.Good luck and mod safely,
                      Hybridnation

Comment

yea i was more of a d-series guy and now i went to h im kinda new to this whole seen but anyways my setup so far is jdm h22a, ram air intake, ngk plugs/wires, about to put on my headers and high flow cat, muffler (n1 replica), 2.5 from cat back and i think thats it for now anyways
                        no offense but it seems you didnt know too much about the d-series. a P28 came from the 92-95 civic ex. you know, the D-series with vtec. the reason why people use p28 is that they are cheap and plentiful. you can chip just about any obd1 ecu. if you decide to get a chipped p28, i strongly suggest you get it tuned . the base map you get will be ok to drive around in and have the car run but, to get the full capability of the motor you need it tuned. find a local tuner with a good reputation and have him tune it the way you want it. if the tuner is good enough, he can tune it to be on the conservative side to have power but still be ok on gas or be all balls and strictly tune for power. it may be on the expensive side but its definitely worth the money with the right tuner.
                        90 EX DUMPED!!!

Comment

You can't do much with the ecus for the F/H series... which is why people use the P28. He didn't say anything that indicates not knowing the D series...

it's true though. If you get a P28, you must get it chipped. Running on someone else's tune, or a simple basemap, can do damage to your engine. At best, it won't help. At worst, it'll hurt.

I have filled mounts. The vibration is noticeable, but not horrible. I have a short shifter... made my shifting very notchy, and I'm back to stock. The LSD trans is a must, and at the top of my list... as is a gearspeed rebuild... that's not cheap though!

Comment

I don't call all setups NOS, read my 1st statement, I said nitrous, I just fucked up up that time, care less mistake, and the main reason I thought of nitrous was because of the 450 injectors.

Click Me

Comment

I know... reflex. Same as with vtech and "headers".

And if you're running enough nitrous to need 450cc injectors, you had better have beefier internals!

Comment

Working...
                              X