Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

air doesnt work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air doesnt work

ok so the knob that turns on the air... well i turn it to full blast or whatever like just so its supposed to blow air right...wrong.. it doesnt... i have no idea what could be the problem idk if it a common thing, none of the fuses are blown. so hlep... plz thanks in advance
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Originally posted by esskater892
    ok so the knob that turns on the air... well i turn it to full blast or whatever like just so its supposed to blow air right...wrong.. it doesnt... i have no idea what could be the problem idk if it a common thing, none of the fuses are blown. so hlep... plz thanks in advance
    You mean the blower motor? or a/c?
    wat?

Comment

prolly blower motor... my bad i had my ac fixed a while ago.
      Accord SE

93se
      Members Ride
      Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak

Comment

would replacing a blower motor be hard to diy?
        and how much would one beish
        Accord SE

93se
        Members Ride

Comment

bump
          Accord SE

93se
          Members Ride

Comment

The blower motor is pretty easy to get to and replace if you don't have A/C. Im not 100% sure, but I think that the condenser unit inside the car must be removed b4 you can pull out the blower motor. Someone else is going to have to fill that part in, since the the 1st time I pulled my blower out was when I stripped my A/C system.

Anyway, its fairly easy. Remove the glove-box, then the support behind it. You will see large black plastic boxes once you remove the glove-box. There are 3 total. The one in the center of the dash, behind the stereo area, houses the heater core. To the immediate right of the that (center) is the A/C condenser unit (if thats what its called) and on the far right, on the passenger side behind the vents and such, is the blower motor. All of the these boxes have mounts at there tops and bottoms, 4 for each box total. The center box has hardline running through the firewall and into the A/C unit, which will make removing this box improbable unless you want to refill your A/C system afterwards.

Let me know if this helps.

Comment

Oh, and check out Majestic Honda for a price.

Comment

It's not something as simple as your temperature control or vent on/off switch being broken is it? Those things break real easy if you arent careful with them. Might not hurt to check them out before tearing into the blower motor.

Comment

im pretty sure the switch is fine.. i mean it opens and stuff but nothing is blowing...
                  and thanks for the info im gonna see if i can do it this weekend... and was that a web site or ... im gonna say yeah haha... i hope its nothing more.. ill just follow the haynes manual on how to do it ahh this could take all day haha
                  Accord SE

93se
                  Members Ride

Comment

This isn't hard perse, but it is difficult. Believe me, I've done it twice to my car over the past 17 years of ownership, which isnt bad.

The hard part is actually getting the blower housing out from behind the dashboard. It's a little tricky and awkward. The manul makes it sound easier than it is. It's doable, but be ready to yell out some cus words. Heheh

But once the blower hosing is out, it's cake after that.

Good luck!

'91 Cobalt Sedan w/ 300k (owned since new, moddin' it since '98)
                    www.tsxclub.com

Comment

yea i changed mine recently....it isn't really that hard imo...its just in a sort of difficult awkward place.....you have to remove the glove box...its behind the glove box .....had to lay upside down for a while.
                      My Members Ride Thread

Comment

do you think it would help to remove the seat sense thats not like a big deal and all.. but cool thanks for the info... oh.. would you recomened getting a new one or a used one.... i know the price might be different but other than that.... well thanks guys
                        Accord SE

93se
                        Members Ride

Comment

Ive taken mine out 9 times in the past 2 months. Its not as hard as it seems... just follow instructions.
                          90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                          2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                            It's not something as simple as your temperature control or vent on/off switch being broken is it? Those things break real easy if you arent careful with them. Might not hurt to check them out before tearing into the blower motor.
                            Yep. If you can hear the doors opening by pressing buttons thats a diff circuit. The blower motor operates by the dial. If that knob is broken usually it feels loose. Its a decently common problem I guess you can say on accords. You can apply power to your blower motor to see if its working properly. if it does you can either have a wiring issue or just as easy as a broken dial.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i leave the cover off and spin the white blower thing a little bit and maybe smack the thing a few times and it will fire up when turned on.. i told a friend my trick and he does the same thing in his cb. works for now lol

Comment

Working...
                              X