Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

AEM V2 SRI + velocity stack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEM V2 SRI + velocity stack?

AEM V2 SRI for the CD5 (94-96 Accord) should fit the CB7 right with its battery relocated to the trunk. How about the combination of an AEM V2 and a BPI flow stack (velocity stack) on the end of it? Are there any more gains to be had with the velocity stack? Sounds kinda overkill for an intake lol.

Or you think a normal pipe with a velocity stack would perform just as good?

Thanks.

well all i can add is that I've currently wedged a 3" Prelude CAI into my EX accord. It also clears the ABS reservoir and the Strut bar barely.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

If its handling your after I would relocate the battery anyway and I will vouch for Lois as that CAI is in there but just barely.

Personally I am a fan of and have had good results with building small pressurized enclosed area in what would be the battery box area and then build and cut a duct in from the hood directly above using either a NACA duct or scoop.

The battery box area on Accord is roughly the same as the area on the Alfa GTV6 and Milano. My time trials car had a good size duct that actually would produce a few lbs of pressure at about 50mph in the area.
      Verde's clean 92 CB7

Comment

Velocity stacks arn't going to do anything 1 or 2 feet from the tb itself. The real time to have velocity stacks is in an itb setup. For the end of an intake it would be for show honestly.

Comment

yea but running an open velocity stack with no filter is awsome for he top end.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by verderacer
            If its handling your after I would relocate the battery anyway and I will vouch for Lois as that CAI is in there but just barely.

Personally I am a fan of and have had good results with building small pressurized enclosed area in what would be the battery box area and then build and cut a duct in from the hood directly above using either a NACA duct or scoop.

The battery box area on Accord is roughly the same as the area on the Alfa GTV6 and Milano. My time trials car had a good size duct that actually would produce a few lbs of pressure at about 50mph in the area.
            That's another option, though I really don't want to cut a duct on my hood. I think I will try to run a duct from the fog light opening and then lead it to the cone filter which will be located near the passenger side headlight.
            I saw some nice enclosures at honda-tech, so who ever wants to build one, go there and do a search...

Comment

I have seen legit dyno plots of a BPi stack maing 7whp over a stock short ram intake on a 2000 ITR.

I personally have a BPi stack on my 2000 prelude w/ an AEM intake arm and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm running w/ no filter right now and its like a completely different car. For the price you can not beat the gains. I will stake anything I own on that.
              Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

you gain more power with the filter on
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

i had a stillen velocity stack on my sentra. felt like a normal short ram to be except had a huge filter lol

no
                  Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                  $30 HID kits here Thread
                  "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                  "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Working...
                  X