Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

'91 JDM H22A Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'91 JDM H22A Setup

well im going to get an H22A for my CB7 and was wondering what if i should put forced induction or not because im eventualy going to take the car and mod it into a time attack car. And what would be the best setup for it?

IF you want to go turbo, or any other form of forced induction, do some research. Not many people have successfully boosted a stock-block JDM H22. You can make more power, more safely, for less, with a boosted F22A.

Look at Accord SiR's setup for the "right" way to do it.

Comment

ya if ur going turbo stay with ur f22a and put the extra cash into ur turbo kit

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
      96 lexus sc300 DD
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

Originally posted by NYCB7
        if you gonna boost it just stay with

you f22 u will be happy and get a good turbo kit

or just build the h22

boost is no good by the time u gonna hit boost u gonna have to let off
        That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Do you even understand the advice you're giving?

Comment

boost

yes and that was alittle off my bad

every one that runs boost on time attack has problems just go all motor

the best times i have seen done on time attacks was a supercharged

integra type r and a f150 lightining

Comment

That's actually very untrue as well. Some of the best time attack cars are Evos, STis, and GT-Rs.

Supercharging is boost. Same thing. More heat. More parasitic drag on the engine. It's the same principle, only turned by the crank rather than by exhaust gasses.

Something tells me that the OP doesn't have much knowledge about what it takes to get into a "time attack" anyway. Most road course events are governed by a sanctioning body, such as SCCA or NASA. You have to follow their rules to the letter... which pretty much dictate exactly how you need to build your car.

To the OP... if you want to get into any form of organized racing, my suggestion to you is to upgrade your head before you upgrade your car. Learn EVERYTHING that you're going to need. Understand that the rules can change drastically by the time you finish (so be flexible). You're going to waste a LOT of money if you just start throwing things on your car to make it "better"... only to find that most of your mods are illegal, and that you have a LONG way to go to get it track-ready. Most CB7 owners aren't thrilled about spending as much on a roll cage as they spent on their car!

Comment

boost

i am going by my personnal experience i know i dont have much

but i do understand and supercharger will be direct power as oppose to
              \
              lag from a turbo charger

Comment

With a good ball bearing turbo, properly sized, lag can be nearly eliminated. Roots style superchargers, like the Jackson Racing kit are difficult to intercool, and produce significant heat. Heat is the worst thing for an engine. Centrifugal superchargers like the Procharger are basically just the compressor side of a turbo, driven by a belt instead of exhaust gas.

Keep in mind, I have an NA H22, a supercharged 3800, and this summer I'll have a turbo A20A. As for personal experience, I have never participated in a sanctioned road race event. However, I have studied extensively on the theory of driving, what it takes to build a car that can compete, and what is legal under various sanctioning bodies. Hell, I have the 2007 SCCA rules sitting right on my desktop at the moment...

Comment

ok

well understood and point well taken

everything is a learning expereience

we all have to learn and we all will never stop learning

Comment

I didnt feeel like reading so I will post what I think is right...

1. CB is not the greatest platform for "time attacks" because of a. weight b. aero

2. Turbocharging the h22a will rquire you to sleeve. I recommend doing this step regardless of people on stock block setups. a. High RPMS b. Constant abuse c. Temps. These are important to keep in mind when your boosting.

3. Problems with fwd are simple and anyone can figure this out....Traction. If you cant catch that putting more power in your car is useless.

4. All motor is IMO the better way to go for fwd cars but you can get away with boost as long as you use a proper setup. Not a big laggy setup. Bigger is not always better in this case.

Time attacks are about response and balance. Its as simple as that. Have both you will clock quick times.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ah so its better to use a N/A H22A setup but the F22 is better for turbo? aight well thank y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_Slater
                        ah so its better to use a N/A H22A setup but the F22 is better for turbo? aight well thank y'all.
                        Yes and no.

Basically it comes down to cost. There are some crazy high HP turbo H22s out there.
                        Gary A.K.A. Carter
                        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

well ive have done a little research the other day and i did find all the stuff i would need to build a Turbo H22 for time attack but like NAiL05 said i need to do some searious weight reduction so i need to find somewhere that sells light weight parts.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_Slater
                            well ive have done a little research the other day and i did find all the stuff i would need to build a Turbo H22 for time attack but like NAiL05 said i need to do some searious weight reduction so i need to find somewhere that sells light weight parts.
                            I think Nail (Nelson) was refering more to traction issues. I have a turbo charged h22, and it is very true that at the track traction is a bitch. But you can take some preventative measures to make sure that you get some decent traction, like good tires, reinforced motor mounts, traction bar and other things, so yes you can have a reliable boosted h22, but it does cost money, and like Deev said it's not a good idea to boost a stock h22 but if I were you do some research, find out what your goals are and then make a decision

SOLD!!
                            Boosted H22
                            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

If the car is seriously going to be used for racing, a turbo H22 will be under even more abuse. It'll be driven considerably harder than it would be on the street. That would make an otherwise reliable setup potentially unreliable.

The CB7 is not that heavy. An Evo or STi is heavier. A CB7 can be dropped down to 2400lbs and still be solid. With 400whp and 2400lbs, if the suspension is good and the driver is competent, it would possibly do quite well.

As for aero... it is not that aerodynamically inefficient. It may not be an NSX, but it's not a Suburban either. A few carefully adjusted aero parts can make it competitive.

If you want a competitive time attack car... the engine is the LAST thing you need to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                              X