Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Big setup..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big setup..

So, this Summer...I wanna do something semi-big. Still workin' on gettin' my car back to the A6 status. So, I have 2 things I wanna do. Either, Nitrous..or Turbo. Now, with the Turbo's....I know it varies, so I have no questions on that subject. Now, with the Nitrous. I'm lookin' more towards NOS, after readin' up on the differences in Zex, NOS, Venom, etc. So, I'm lookin' towards the 75 wet shot (NOS). Does anyone have an estimate on power I'd gain, with an Automatic F22a6? Cause if it's a little amount, then I'd just dish out the money goin' Turbo. Figured the bottle would be easier to setup. Just, with a Turbo, it's a daily driven car, so I can only run so much boost on it, and it'd be easier to have a bottle, just to have the power when I need it. Very appreciated to anyone that has any ideas.
    98' Mustang 3V Swap
    11' VW CC R36

i believe its better to go turbo a lot more horse power, and you should be getting around 80-100 hp, but which ever way you go it will burn out your tranny alot faster.

Comment

Nitrous or "nos" however you want to label it, will only give you the horsepower until it runs out. A turbo will give you unlimited free horsepower forever! Well until you run into mechanical problems and what not. You do the math free hp or pay money everytime your bottle runs out.
      "form follows function."
      Louis Sullivan

Comment

I agree! It will burn you transmission up faster you should do an auto to manual swap first than think about adding power to it.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

stock honda accord auto trannys suck balls. get a 5spd!
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

just do both gotz and quit crying about it

Comment

How about I just....get the stuff for it, then I can bring and down and we'll do it. Talked to my friend today, and he said he'd be up for helpin' you with that h swap too.
              Last edited by Gotz Cb7; 04-04-2008, 03:11 PM. Reason: smiley happy today
              98' Mustang 3V Swap
              11' VW CC R36

Comment

i think your better off with a h22 chiped and a 5 speed tranny so that when you get the feel of the power your cb gives ya you'll pritty much know you have a beast.

MY DOG Vs YOURS!!!!
                ***WAGON love***

Comment

nice ima get that h in soon then start the itb'd civic hatch

Comment

I agree with "RAY GETS". Seem like H swap is the way to go. Wish i could do one but way too many projects going on at the same time. but focus on gettin my cb7 off those jack stands.

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                      stock honda accord auto trannys suck balls. get a 5spd!
                      Id like to vote NO on this. Auto tranny's are pretty damn good if you ask me, other then the hard shifting. their durable... and they have long ass gears. Ive smoked out a few ccars in my time. One being a 5speed A4 accord. Dont ask me how, im still trying to figure that out myself. But my car is fully maintained, and i have a few little mods. The auto tranny's arent all that bad. When you start to put out some higher numbers, you might want to convert to 5speed and get a stage 2 clutch and a lightweight flywheel to support the turbo. Either way, if your going all out power, a 5speed is better in the long run, but there are people here who have decked out the auto tranny's and seem to be runnin good. GL with your project.
                      90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                      2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

He's actually considering the NOS brand... so please no "whatever you want to call it"... It's actually "NOS". Personally, I prefer ZEX, but in the end, it's all pretty much the same thing.

He's thinking nitrous or turbo, with his automatic. Which means "get a 5 speed H22" is an idiotic suggestion. That isn't what he's asking about. If YOU want a 5 speed H22, go for it. If you can't assist with his questions, go away.

Now, a 75 shot of nitrous will get you roughly... are you ready? ... 75hp. Your stock tranny can handle this, as well as your stock motor. As long as both are in good condition. More than a 75 shot, and you're running a risk. A 50 shot is damn near foolproof.

Honestly, for a 50 or 75 shot, a dry kit is better. Without the heavy fuel added to the mix, you will get a more even distribution of nitrous. With fuel added, a single-nozzle wet system will often cause #1 to run really rich, and #4 to run extremely lean. Obviously, this can cause problems! The stock fuel system (assuming it works correctly) can provide enough fuel for a dry 75 shot.

As for turbo... that can be a headache with automatic. blazen_accord might be able to offer some helpful advice for boosting an auto. Overall, ECU tuning for an auto is a PITA. Additionally, the transmission will definitely wear faster with the extra torque. Now, the auto transmissions are cheap, especially here, since nobody wants them. Still, changing out a blown tranny every so often isn't very fun!

If you want to boost, a 5 speed swap would make things much easier. If you want to stay auto, figure out how you're going to tune it. I would also consider having the transmission built to handle the extra power. Build the trans, boost the engine, build the engine, boost it more.

Comment

my vote goes to the nitrous. with your auto, nitrous will be fun
                          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by js593
                            Id like to vote NO on this. Auto tranny's are pretty damn good if you ask me, other then the hard shifting. their durable... and they have long ass gears. Ive smoked out a few ccars in my time. One being a 5speed A4 accord. Dont ask me how, im still trying to figure that out myself. But my car is fully maintained, and i have a few little mods. The auto tranny's arent all that bad. When you start to put out some higher numbers, you might want to convert to 5speed and get a stage 2 clutch and a lightweight flywheel to support the turbo. Either way, if your going all out power, a 5speed is better in the long run, but there are people here who have decked out the auto tranny's and seem to be runnin good. GL with your project.
                            imma have to disagree. majority of honda's auto trannies suck. they tend to crap out. my buddy replaced his auto tranny 5 times in a yr and a half. he sold the car after that. lol
                            90 EX DUMPED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacingEmotions
                              imma have to disagree. majority of honda's auto trannies suck. they tend to crap out. my buddy replaced his auto tranny 5 times in a yr and a half. he sold the car after that. lol
                              Actually, Honda transmissions ARE made very well. They just don't deal with abuse and neglect very well. I believe owequitit put 200k or so on his with absolutely NO signs of wear... all thanks to regular fluid changes, using Honda fluid. When you don't change the fluid, or use anything other than Honda stuff, they tend to fail. That's due to the owner's poor judgment, not the engineering of the transmission.

However, Honda automatics are not intended to put down a lot of power. Nitrous would be ok for a while, since it's only used occasionally. Turbo is used more frequently, since it's always "on". You'd have to be careful to always drive out of boost if you wanted to keep from putting any more strain on the transmission.
                              By putting more power than Honda intended through a trasmission, it WILL accelerate the wear, and shorten the lifespan. Still, use proper Honda fluid, and add an auxiliary transmission cooler, and it should last a good while. I don't believe blazen_accord has done anything but that with his, and it's holding up quite well. He's making some pretty impressive numbers as well!

Comment

Working...
                              X