Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sport tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport tranny

I just recently bought a auto accord and im new to the sport tranny. wat exactly is a sport tranny? and why is the green S light on all the time? also the tranny only shifts into 1st and 2nd only after getting REALLY REALLY warmed up itll decide to shift into 3rd and 4th, way caused this? A guy that i work with says it could be my tranny filter? any ideas

have bought from ::
    Frazzums, Ilikebigbutts

have sold to ::

The Sport function is absolutely worthless. It causes your transmission to shift at higher RPM than normal at partial throttle. At full throttle, the shift points are the same.

The S light shows that the Sport function is activated. It also may be indicating an error code. Have that checked out. Your shifting issue may be related to the TCU. OR... it may be a failing transmission.

I'm not an automatic expert... I've owned 2 CB7s, and both were manual.

Comment

thanx deevergote yea my last cb7 was a manual ex i miss it now i got this lx but hopefully i wont have to worry bout it to long thinking bout doin a auto to manual swap heard its kinda hard

Frazzums, Ilikebigbutts

Comment

Our accord don't have tranny filters, my advice is to change the fluid a few time about 3 time in a month or so. If your S light is on it may be throwing a code, I would recommend finding that out.
        Does the car jerk when it goes into gears or does it sometimes bog down?

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
          Our accord don't have tranny filters, my advice is to change the fluid a few time about 3 time in a month or so. If your S light is on it may be throwing a code, I would recommend finding that out.
          Does the car jerk when it goes into gears or does it sometimes bog down?

i went to discount auto parts and asked how much a tranny filter was and the gave me a price for it i seen they had two diff kind and no it doesnt jerk or bog BUT wen i do take off it sounds like it wants to stall out till hit the gas more but it was also header out so not sure if that caused it to act like that on take off
          Last edited by WtbRHD; 04-07-2008, 11:28 PM.

Frazzums, Ilikebigbutts

Comment

Frazzums, Ilikebigbutts

Comment

Originally posted by WtbRHD
              i went to discount auto parts and asked how much a tranny filter was and the gave me a price for it i seen they had two diff kind and no it doesnt jerk or bog BUT wen i do take off it sounds like it wants to stall out till hit the gas more but it was also header out so not sure if that caused it to act like that on take off
              If there is a filter in it it may be internal and therefore not serviceable without a shit load of work. Also I just took a look in the owners manual and I didn't see anywhere where they mention transmission filter.

Click Me

Comment

Our accord don't have tranny filters
                are you serious? i paid jiffy lube $110 to change my tranny fluid and they said that would need to change the filter as well!! wtf

Comment

Originally posted by Markus
                  are you serious? i paid jiffy lube $110 to change my tranny fluid and they said that would need to change the filter as well!! wtf
                  Call Honda and ask for the Part Number, or go down to Jiffy lube and have them show you where the filter is. I am 99 % sure there is not filter unless its internal and if it is 110 is cheap.

Click Me

Comment

I suggest you click this link and read. This will help you fix the problem.

A/T: Pulling the TCU Code

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

it could be you tcu. my buddy had the same problem and we just swapped his tcu out and it took care of his problem. unless one of the seleniods on the tans went bad.

92ex coupe h22
                      93 240sx with silvia front end (kadet in the works)
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1894990

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                        I suggest you click this link and read. This will help you fix the problem.

A/T: Pulling the TCU Code

hey thanx man if it wasnt dark right now i would try it out lol
                        so ill try it wen i get off of work tomorrow thnx again DarkShadow

Frazzums, Ilikebigbutts

Comment

^^^ OK so i tried this and didnt see the sport light blink at all BUT i did see the C.E.L. blink. 4 long blinks and then 1 short blink. Im not really familiar with all the codes and blinks can someone help out thnx

Frazzums, Ilikebigbutts

Comment

code 41 will tell more later

Click Me

Comment

code 41 will tell more later

thnx and that would help me alot to if you would

Frazzums, Ilikebigbutts

Comment

Working...
                              X