Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

door sagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

door sagging

hey members, i have a problem with my drivers side door. its on a 90 lx coupe. the door itself is sagging about 1/4 to 1/2 inch down when u open the door. it looks to me that there are bushings in the hinge and are most likly worn out due to the door opening repeatedly over the years. i need to pretty much slam the door in order to have it close tightly.

my real question is that will the hinges fit from a 92 sedan on my 90 coupe and fix the sag of the door? the 92 is my old car that got totaling back in december. so when i bought my 90 i just kept my 92 for parts. been stripping it of the parts i need to get my 90 up and running and fix it the way i want it. info needed members thanks
    Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

the one thing i was thinking was that the hinges from the sedan might not help because the coupe doors were longer, hence heavier, so those hinges could make it sag more, but i dunno.
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

I would not bother coupe doors are longer than sedans. Go to the junkyard you should be able to find a coupe or two.
      Last edited by Chan_Man; 04-10-2008, 02:06 AM.
      "form follows function."
      Louis Sullivan

Comment

coupes are hard to come by in the JY's around me. i mean 90-93 cant find em. found 2 94-97 (CD5 i think is the chassis) coupes. would those hinges fit?

i didnt think that the hinges would matter on the doors on our cb's. in my mind i thought that the diff was that the door on a coupe was just longer than the sedan. i thought that the hinge part of the doors awere the same so you could switch the hinges and have no problems. by switching the hinges then the door would not sag. someone please clarify this. thanks
        Kyle C

Comment

my door kinda does that 2..

which Sucks..

but it's only a bit

JY FTW!

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

need some clarification here. is the difference in the sedan and coupe doors just the length of the door itself or something else. in my mind thats it and the hinge part of the door is the same for all cbs. weather it be a sedan or a coupe.

also i am seeing some bushings or something in the middle of the hinge that the hinge pin goes through. is this a replaceable part or do i have to replace the whole hinge????

have to fix my door from sagging all the time and just have it open and close without dropping like a regular door. thanks members
            Kyle C

Comment

Working...
            X