Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bad radio pick-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad radio pick-up

Ok, so for a while now ive had this problem where my radio stations dont pick up that good. Its not really a major problem but now its just starting to get annoying. lol. anywho yea do I just need to change out my antenna. I mean it seems ok as it is. I will add this too, the guy who had this car before me tried to put a sub in the trunk and added and messed around with a bunch of wires beside the drivers seat
    My Black "H"
    AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Hi

Well in case no one here has noticed my handle AD5OS is my FCC amateur call sign. This sounds like maybe your receiver might be blown. There are usually pre-amplifiers in the front end of a receiver that get blown when a strike of lightning happens too close to the antenna. Transients... stray static electric can blow these even with the radio off. You could take the radio in to get repaired but I bet it would just be easier to get a new radio unless it is a really nice radio. You can check out the antenna and whatnot but it sounds like you just arnt getting a good signal to the radio which is consistent to a blow preamp.
    AD5OS
    FOLDING@home

Comment

check the connection in the trunk where the wire that goes to the dash connects to the wire coming off the antenae. i had a similar problem with my new car because moisture got in the connection making all the stations come in fuzzy.

check the connection and make sure it is clean on the inside. plus put some dielectric grease on the connection too. helps with stopping corrosion.
      Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Comment

Working...
      X