Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CEL 80: Exhaust Gas Recirculation insufficient flow detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CEL 80: Exhaust Gas Recirculation insufficient flow detected

i am not getting that code but I was just wondering if... my cb7 doesn't throw that code, does that mean my EGR does not need cleaning?
    my rims cost more than my car

clean it

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
      clean it
      haha he said he isnt getting that code

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

did you read the first post?

Comment

If you'd like to keep the EGR but are looking to quickly find out if it does need to be cleaned, make a quick block off plate, sandwich that in between the runners and the valve body and take the car for ride. Maybe you won't want to run the EGR after that, who knows!

Comment

i always wondered how much a difference that made? and to what sacrifice in fuel economy?

but if hes got it off anyway may as well clean it!

Comment

^Well, I guess supposedly it will harm gas mileage, and it's been blocked for about 3 years now. I've pretty much maxed out my tank and got 475 miles, mostly highway, but some city/rural, not bad IMO!

My EGR ports were clogged, I wanted to see what the car would do w/ the block plate, completely got rid of that stammering at light throttle acceleration Worked out well!

Comment

wow 475 aint bad at all !!!

Comment

^Nope I feel if the EGR ports are clogged, then that's prob. worse than having a block plate, mileage wise, but I didn't notice anything. Plus, our cars really shine when they run right. Nothing bad about an EGR block plate, either temp. or permanent

Comment

Working...
                  X