Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my F20A7????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my F20A7????

i know that most, if not all, of the people who post in this site live in the states. i own a euro spec 93 accord coupe. can anyone tell me if these specs apply to my motor (f20a7):

Engine:f20a
    Year:90-93
    Trim:2.0 Si
    Hp:150
    Tq:137
    Displacement:1997cc
    Compression:9.5:1
    ValvetrainOHC, NON VTEC

here is my motor...

also, this thing needs a new clutch, are all f-series runnin the same transmission? thanks for the feedback...

mike

nice f20a, I had the DOHC version myself...

i think the compression is around 9.2:1 on those motors. You have a short stroke of 88mm, and still retain the *85mm bore on the pistons. Great for a high revving application when built. HP/Tq specs look to be right as well

As for the tranny, there are different F series trannies available, but all F and H series transmissions will bolt up (minus the F20C, f22C of course)
    Last edited by Boost_Lee; 05-13-2008, 03:47 PM.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

thanks for the reply man!

hmmmm, so in all respects, this might be a 'boost' worthy engine????

Comment

lol ur askin the wrong guy....im a lil biased

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33

why is that??? and as long as i know ur 'biased' please feel free to express yo self!!!

Comment

95mm bore?
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

man, your setup is nice! i am going to have to tap your brain on that bro... i am looking to build this car up for around 250 to 300whp. i plan on taking my time, so i want to make the best possible choices. your input would be appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike75
                why is that??? and as long as i know ur 'biased' please feel free to express yo self!!!
                He had a boosted F20A in the past.

We've been searching for info on the F22A7... I wonder if we've been misled, and the F20A7 is the motor we've been looking at the specs for...

Regardless, those specs should be correct, and it's a very nice motor. As with the F22A we have here in the states, the F20A head flows very well, and will respond quite well to some porting and polishing, as well as a wilder cam.

Comment

this whole time i was thinkin swap swap swap! man i am glad my login issues got cleared up here!

this site kicks ass!

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                    95mm bore?
                    LOL whooops , that aint a pretty typo! i'll edit

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq

Comment

get yourself a few little mods now to see if you liek the motor

I'd get a cam, prolly 272, h23 plenum, I/H/E and a chipped ecu. see what you can do with that

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                      11.68 @ 127mph
                      417whp/375wtq

Comment

LOL whooops , that aint a pretty typo! i'll edit
                        lol, i was like HOLY CRAP, i need that motor right there!

we have a JDM f20a in our project car and with the short stroke it revs nicely even with a stock flywheel.

it even passed california smog
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

get yourself a few little mods now to see if you liek the motor

I'd get a cam, prolly 272, h23 plenum, I/H/E and a chipped ecu. see what you can do with that
                          half of my mindset is convenience... this motor is already here, i can pull it out without worry of having to modify anything (like i would with some swaps). also this motor is very easy to come by here in Germany. i figure if i mess something up, it won't be hard to get a replacement motor!

but we will see... i feel very confident that you all on this site can help me! this is good stuff when you are so far away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                            lol, i was like HOLY CRAP, i need that motor right there!

we have a JDM f20a in our project car and with the short stroke it revs nicely even with a stock flywheel.

it even passed california smog

is there a thread where i can see ur project car?

Comment

to the top...

Comment

Working...
                              X