Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Another vibe question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vibe question

This winter I changed my front brakes with new rotors, pads, etc. because I was getting a nasty vibe in the steering wheel when braking hard getting off the highway. The vibe never really completely went away - and now it seems to be getting worse by the day. The car drives pretty well and I really only notice something when I hit the brakes hard. I jacked it up the other day and there is a little horizontal play in the driver's side wheel. The ball joints seem tight - so would this be a tie rod issue?

mine also does that, going to get new tie rods and alignment and that should fix it for sure.

Comment

I took it to a shop where they told me the rotors need to be resurfaced and that the passenger side outer tie rod end needs replacing. I plan to replace the tre and see how it works.

Comment

Vibes...

Vibes are always fun! kidding. i work with brakes alot and it does sound like you had some rotor issues because of braking then getting a vibe in steering wheel but that comes with owning a car lol. resurfacing the rotors usually takes the 'warpage' out of the rotors and causes them to have a tolerable runout so u dont get that nasty vibe when braking.

however having bad front end parts: tie rod ends [inner and outter], ball joints [upper and lower], sway bar links, caster rod bushings, ect ect can all cause vibrations but not usually when braking. CV axles can also cause a bad vibe but thats normally upon loaded acceleration and its usually the inboard joint thats going bad when that happens. when you get the clicking thats usually the outboard joint going bad.

Comment

and also u may want to look into getting ur tires balanced. a good rotate, balance, and align will keep ur tires in good shape and possibly solve any other vibe issues u may have.

Comment

Working...
          X