Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

A/C dont work no more.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C dont work no more.....

This happend about last year after I got the Timing Belt Replaced. So, I am wondering is it low? or just have a bad pressure switch. IDK how the Honda a/c works. It's still on R12 or maybe converted to R134a and have a leak somewhere and dont work no more.....Any Tips on what to do? I am planning on buying a converting kit. So I can check out the Charge in the System...

Thanks
    Anthony.

First find out where the leak is before you go and spend a bunch of money just to have it all leak out. If it is still R12 and you want to keep it that way find an a/c shop that has some R12 still exsists but it can be expensive dependeing on how much you need. If you decide to go with R13A there are conversion kits sold at all your local car shops like autozone advanced auto oreily auto parts etc. But first and formost go to shop that services a/c and find out where the leak is. Hope this helps
    One Day At A Time
    "Honda Connaisseur"
    1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
    1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
    1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
    1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
    1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
    1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
    Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
    Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

Get rid of it all, the compressor and all, lighter car, cleaner bay.
      Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
      Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
      Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
      Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
      Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Comment

Im not sure its leaking or not...so I want opinion....

Originally posted by 12gage
        Get rid of it all, the compressor and all, lighter car, cleaner bay.
        This is a DD. I might drop it and replace all the balljoints and etc...

Comment

Originally posted by RoKnAzn
          Im not sure its leaking or not...so I want opinion....

This is a DD. I might drop it and replace all the balljoints and etc...

If you want to keep the A/C I suggest IN MY OPINION that you get it checked by an A/C Shop and find out what the problem is or just get rid of it.
          One Day At A Time
          "Honda Connaisseur"
          1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
          1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
          1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
          1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
          1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
          1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
          Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
          Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

Well, I filled it up with some R134A Freon and it started working again. I also converted the system. Plus, I found the leak. It is where u fill up on the low side (nipple) The Valve stem is leaking very small amount. Where can i get a new one?

Thanks
            Anthony

Comment

I guess you could... Did you do the retrofit or someone else? Sometimes they pull off the old stem and epoxy a new on on there instead of just adding an adapter. Sounds like that epoxy is leaking.
              AD5OS
              FOLDING@home

Comment

Originally posted by AD5OS
                I guess you could... Did you do the retrofit or someone else? Sometimes they pull off the old stem and epoxy a new on on there instead of just adding an adapter. Sounds like that epoxy is leaking.
                I added the retrofit adapter on. I left the stem on. Well, after filling it up. I took off the adapter and I saw that the Stem is leaking and was wondering can I replace that.. Cant be much..

Comment

can you unscrew the adapter? is it where you screwed it in that its leaking? Maybe some teflon tape on the screws would help that. if its coming from around the original maybe some epoxy?
                  AD5OS
                  FOLDING@home

Comment

can you unscrew the adapter? is it where you screwed it in that its leaking? Maybe some teflon tape on the screws would help that. if its coming from around the original maybe some epoxy?
                    No no no....Its not the adapter or the Screw it self. What is leaking is the Valve that is in the Screw.

Comment

Awww... damn that sucks! That means you need to evacuate the whole system just to replace that valve (with a R-134 valve) and refill it.
                      AD5OS
                      FOLDING@home

Comment

Awww... damn that sucks! That means you need to evacuate the whole system just to replace that valve (with a R-134 valve) and refill it.
                        Yep, shouldn't be that bad....I hope they sell a valve stem...
                        Last edited by RoKnAzn; 05-21-2008, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X