Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car turns off while i was driving: part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car turns off while i was driving: part 2

i been having problems with my car turning off while i was driving so we checked the spark plugs and saw that they were burnt..

i just had my valve cover gasket replaced last week but they did not replace the spark plugs so we went ahead and changed the spark plugs today...
    and saw that the car was running a lot better than it was before...

since they changed my valve cover gasket last week and didnt replace the spark plugs
    should oil stop getting on the spark plugs???

do you think that solved the problem with my car?
    and if not what should i check next?

burnt? how so?

if it is running in a lean condition, changing the spark plugs in most cases wont fix it. as for the oil problem, if replacing the upper tube seals do not fix that, then the lower tube seals will need to be replaced which require the rocker arm assembly to come off.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

like a Black DARK Color...but it's running good and we just did an Oil change and it's running pretty smooth

the ignter is like $70 bux....

and the cap and rotor $25...

so just gotta wait to see if it keeps coming off and see if the main relay is
      a problem

*this is Cvc7chris im at Lenas House

Comment

Does the plug have any oil deposits especially on the tip?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

if it is indeed dark/black color it means you may be running rich which also may indicate that there is weak spark.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

replacing the VCG won't solve oil in the spark plugs issue. You have to replace those rocker arm O-rings, meaning you have to remove the rockerarms to get to them. I know its a lot of pics, but they should help you understand how the oil leaks into the cylinders:

here's pics from the valve adjustment I did about a month ago, I replaced the RockerArm O-rings too, that plagues most of the engines at this age.

Here's some pics I took when I did the replacement of the Rocker-arm O-rings:

old petrified O-rings that didn't seal for shit

new O-rings, much softer rubber

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

^^ That's helpful

How much did they cost you?

and could that be here problem? that her car was turning off..?

and there was like no oil on the plug..

so valve cover / then the rocker arms? to replace the O Rings?

Comment

how much will a mechanic charge me to change those?

because i have never messed with anything past the valve cover lol

Comment

those O-rings are like 3 bucks each as the dealer. ONLY get OEM ones, the autozone crap will prob. last 10k miles.

A mechanic will prob. charge like 300, since its a tedious job. But I did it myself a couple weeks ago and am having no problems w/ oil leaking anymore. I did it for the cost of a inch-lbs torque wrench, 20 bucks and the cost of the seals 12 bucks. It took me about 3 hours since you have to do a valve adjustment afterward, that's why it costs so much at the mechanic.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                  X