Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

parts car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parts car

ok.me and a friend of mine (jdmjunky) found a guy who had rolled his cb,and wanted to sell it.now i want to know if its worth the 800 he wants.i'm paying 400 and keith (jdmjunky) is paying 400.it has a f20a swap,GINUINE apex exhaust cat back.its the n1 style muffler.it sounded very good.headers,sri,he said it had just been rebuilt about a month ago.5 speed f22a trans,1 peice headlights,front and rear strut bars,2 racing seats w/harnesses.full coilovers not sure what brand.brembo big brake kit.so is it worth the 400 im' putting in?i'm taking the exhaust,seats,brakes,and 1 peices.

also,what are the advantages and disadvantages of the f20a over the f22a's??

spoonsportsaddict

I'd buy it. Definitely worth it IMO, if the description is accurate.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex
      its accurate.we went and saw it today.so the pair of racing seats and harnesses,apex n1 cat back exhaust,big brake kits,and 1 peices are worth 400?keith is taking the f20a and the 5 speed

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991
        its accurate.we went and saw it today.so the pair of racing seats and harnesses,apex n1 cat back exhaust,big brake kits,and 1 peices are worth 400?keith is taking the f20a and the 5 speed
        Exhaust and 1-pieces are worth $400 in my opinion. That's basically getting the seats, harness, and brake kit for free.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Exhaust and 1-pieces are worth $400 in my opinion. That's basically getting the seats, harness, and brake kit for free.
          you think the brakes will clear my rims?im' on 16's and the brakes are 15's.....i'm guessing it wont

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

You could sell them to Chris since he's on 18's.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

You could sell them to Chris since he's on 18's.
              haha true

but anyways.
              do you know what the advantage of the f20a is?over the f22a?

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

From the Swap Forum (NOT my writing)

F20A (dohc) and F20B (sohc)---4th/5th gen accord

1997cc
                F20A DOHC non-VTEC--obd I/F20B SOHC non-VTEC--obd II
                150hp/6100rpm
                137tq/5000rpm
                6400rpm redline
                9.5:1 compression ratio
                85.0mm bore x 88.0mm stroke
                closed deck and no LSD

These motors are similar in size to the F20B DOHC VTEC motor, but that comparison stops there. While the twin cam F20B is a destroked h22a, the single cam F20B and twin cam f20a are much more similar to the USDM f22's in our accords. They were designed to make more power/torque a little lower in the powerband while remaining simple in design and modest in potential in stock form. They run higher compression pistons than do our f22's, but the single cam f20b has a head similar to 94+ USDM f22b non-vtec while the f20a has a twin cam head similar to our h23 from the preludes. These motors are usually much easier to obtain and much cheaper, but aren't much of a step up from the motors already in there.

PROS: cheap, simple, easy to find and easy to install.

CONS: when compared to an f22a6 from an accord ex, you don't see much of an improvement, not to mention that they run higher compression to make slightly more power while making less torque and being a bit harder to put boost or nitrous on.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

From the Swap Forum (NOT my writing)

F20A (dohc) and F20B (sohc)---4th/5th gen accord

1997cc
                  F20A DOHC non-VTEC--obd I/F20B SOHC non-VTEC--obd II
                  150hp/6100rpm
                  137tq/5000rpm
                  6400rpm redline
                  9.5:1 compression ratio
                  85.0mm bore x 88.0mm stroke
                  closed deck and no LSD

These motors are similar in size to the F20B DOHC VTEC motor, but that comparison stops there. While the twin cam F20B is a destroked h22a, the single cam F20B and twin cam f20a are much more similar to the USDM f22's in our accords. They were designed to make more power/torque a little lower in the powerband while remaining simple in design and modest in potential in stock form. They run higher compression pistons than do our f22's, but the single cam f20b has a head similar to 94+ USDM f22b non-vtec while the f20a has a twin cam head similar to our h23 from the preludes. These motors are usually much easier to obtain and much cheaper, but aren't much of a step up from the motors already in there.

PROS: cheap, simple, easy to find and easy to install.

CONS: when compared to an f22a6 from an accord ex, you don't see much of an improvement, not to mention that they run higher compression to make slightly more power while making less torque and being a bit harder to put boost or nitrous on.
                  are you sure?it was a sohc.....but it said f20a on the block?

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

There are both SOHC and DOHC F20As.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                      There are both SOHC and DOHC F20As.
                      ohhhhhh ok.this one looked exactly like a f22a

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991
                        are you sure?it was a sohc.....but it said f20a on the block?
                        No I'm not. I found that info in the swap forum. But, It was written by CP_Mike, who knows what he's talkin about.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

No I'm not. I found that info in the swap forum. But, It was written by CP_Mike, who knows what he's talkin about.
                          haha.well idk.it looked like f22a.said f20a on the block

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

If it looks like an F22A, then it's a SOHC. Not a race engine, but it'll have a different feel. Still a good engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                              i second that

Comment

Working...
                              X